high level speaker connection from AV to sub to 2 satellites

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone, this is my very first post to any forum - ever, so I apologise if this post is in the wrong forum. I am sure someone will point me in the right direction.

Can someone tell me how to connect my Wharfdale Diamond 10.SX sub to zone 2 (or 3) of a Yamaha RXV3900 and then connect 2 Wharfdale Diamond 10.SR surround speakers. This is a secondary setup as I already have a main 7.1 setup and a zone 2 (2 speakers) setup. The sub and sourround speakers in question are far away from the AV but I have 3 speaker cables running from AV to the zone 2 (or 3) area.

Connections:

Diamond 10.SX sub

left/right speaker inputs

left/right line level input/output

Diamond 10.SR surround speakers:

Left/right speaker terminals

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As far as I can see, there's no output from the line-outs on that subwoofer when using the high-level/speaker-level inputs, and even if there was you'd need an extra power amplifier to drive your 10.SR speakers.

The only way seems to be to run an extra length of speaker cable to the sub, so you have two runs to the sub and two for the 10.SR speakers, and connect the sub in parallel with the 10.SRs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your quick response, it was most appreciated.

Indeed, that is one option that wharfedale suggests and what I will probably end up doing.

Just thought there would be a better solution, considering all the input/output connections available on the AV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts