High end Integrated for Dali Zensor 3

Maxprocrj

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone...

I have heard that budget Dali Zensor 3 gives better output with amplification worth 3 or 5 times of its own...

Any body has got any experience of Zensor 3 with 1500 to 2000. GBP Amplifier like Exposure 3010S2D, Hegel, Arcam a38 etc.

Thanking you in advance.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Maxprocrj said:
Hello everyone...

I have heard that budget Dali Zensor 3 gives better output with amplification worth 3 or 5 times of its own...

Any body has got any experience of Zensor 3 with 1500 to 2000. GBP Amplifier like Exposure 3010S2D, Hegel, Arcam a38 etc.

Thanking you in advance.

Dont waste your money
What amp have you now?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you want them to sound less harsh/bright, changing the amp wont fix that. Better amp usually means better low end controll and better mids as a side effect.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Not bad speakers for the money but not worth spending £1500-£2000 on a amplifier its just a wast of money on those speakers .

ideally you need to get some ideas and demo stuff were you want to go and what quality your after to get the best out of your music .

what kind of speakers would you be wanting stand mounted or floor standing speakers as you may buy a pair of speakers that need a good amplifier to control them properly . some speakers are different in there requirements in what kind of amplifier you would need to run what ever speakers you buy in the future to go with this amplifier your after ? what size room do you have to go with this amplifier ? Because if your going to spend £2000 mark you need to justify the cost and get things right or your just be making a expensive mistake .

so my advice would be go and demo some speakers and a amplifier at the same time even if you walk out the door with just the amplifier because you will then know in the back of your mind that you liked the speakers when you had the demo and the fact the amplifier is a good match to the speakers and you get an idea of what sound the amplifier and speakers give together and then can go back and buy them at a later date .

insider9

I agree with both you and what others have said. Yes, the Dalis do benefit from better amplification. Had a pair they're decent speakers for the money. But for at the budget you're considering easy to improve.

If you really consider spending £2k on amplification why not get something like KEF LS50 Wireless?

manicm

insider9 said:
I agree with both you and what others have said. Yes, the Dalis do benefit from better amplification. Had a pair they're decent speakers for the money. But for at the budget you're considering easy to improve.

If you really consider spending £2k on amplification why not get something like KEF LS50 Wireless?

Or practically a complete system with the Acoustic Energy AE1 actives + Bluesound Node 2. No upgrade blues either, as the AE1s are unencumbered by any built-in dac etc.

insider9

manicm said:
insider9 said:

Or practically a complete system with the Acoustic Energy AE1 actives + Bluesound Node 2. No upgrade blues either, as the AE1s are unencumbered by any built-in dac etc.

Heard about them but didn't realise how cheap they were. £999 that's a really good price. And yes Bluesound Node 2 would be great to compliment.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
See this is where one has to be able to separate the bs from the helpful facts in a review.

Very few will have new 300 pound speakers and a two grand amp, but of course in a review someone might go from using a 300 pound marantz to a 3 grand Naim and then state the speakers showed the difference. There is an element of truth in that and I'm sure there are exceptions to all the rules.

I'd be willing to bet though that the very best possible paring of say value 2300 pounds would likely be a 60 / 40% split rather than an 85/15% split in the funds spent

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Most speakers will benefit from better amplification, my LS50's really sing with my A49.

£4000 amp with £800 speakers, the LS50's did not sound great with my Cyrus XPD QX imo.

Not saying the OP or anyone should take my % split.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
When engineers design loudspeakers and amplifiers they measure the final electric characteristics in pounds, euros or dollars on the osciloscope.

Maxprocrj

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
muljao said:
See this is where one has to be able to separate the bs from the helpful facts in a review.

Very few will have new 300 pound speakers and a two grand amp, but of course in a review someone might go from using a 300 pound marantz to a 3 grand Naim and then state the speakers showed the difference. There is an element of truth in that and I'm sure there are exceptions to all the rules.

I'd be willing to bet though that the very best possible paring of say value 2300 pounds would likely be a 60 / 40% split rather than an 85/15% split in the funds spent

My new pair of Rubicon 2 on the way....

But will take around 20 days to arrive here....

Maxprocrj

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
manicm said:
insider9 said:

Heard about them but didn't realise how cheap they were. £999 that's a really good price. And yes Bluesound Node 2 would be great to compliment.

How about Pioneer N50 a,CA CXN or rather expensive CA851N (some says it's the best ,even including Naim and Linn)

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Maxprocrj said:
insider9 said:
manicm said:
insider9 said:

How about Pioneer N50 a,CA CXN or rather expensive CA851N (some says it's the best ,even including Naim and Linn)

Do your wallet a favour and try one of these

https://www.teufelaudio.com/wifi/raumfeld-connector-p9527.html

Fair enough, I am suggesting something that I like and maybe I am over rating it in my mind (I think it's a fab bit of kit), but they retail approx 150 euro, and have an eight week trial period, if you don't like it send it back at no risk. 8 weeks is plenty to figure out if it is good enough for you

Maxprocrj said:
insider9 said:
manicm said:
insider9 said:

Hi Max, there are quite a few hefty integrated amps discussed over on this recent thread:-

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/marantz-pm14s1-sesa14s1-se-marantz-reference-range

Maxprocrj

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
What about CA CXA80. Vs Marantz PM8005 Heard both of them but can't evaluate ...totally two different environments....both are similarly priced here....internal DAC doesn't interest me much.....it's only sound....

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
IV got a 4k system with £600 speakers.it can work but with your budget i would get £1000 amp and £1000 speakers.Rega amp at £850 and ATC scm11 £1200.
I wouldn't buy any of that at those prices. But then my criteria when buying speakers is very different to most people's. Speakers are a highly personal choice.

You could spend £2000 on a final destination amp. One you'll keep for life.

For inefficient speakers something like this would do:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mark-Levinson-27-5-Endstufe-/142326858946?hash=item21235784c2:g:wFsAAOSw-0xYO17h

Or this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Accuphase-P-300-und-Accuphase-T-100-BJ-1973-/322462244766?hash=item4b143f5f9e:g:FvUAAOSw2gxY1Uhg

For efficient speakers this would be great:

http://www.tubeaudiolab.com/id255.html

Or you could stick with the amplifier you've already got and concentrate on getting better speakers.

Or you could buy a used sub £100 integrated off ebay or your local pawn shop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts