hifi upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hiya i have been thinking about upgradeing my hifi but where do i start? this is what i have got allready

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CD PLAYER AZUR 640 C

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AMP 640 A

MORDAUNT SHORT 904 SPEAKERS (floor standers

PROJECT 3 TURNTABLE

something allways seems flat too me and i have too turn the amp right up when playing records? looking too buy some better kit so what do think i could really do with some help please. thanks pete

A

Anonymous

hi there yes i would consider 2nd hand ebay etc
emotion-21.gif
.as for my budget trying too keep it
sensible and upgrade a bit at a time .what do think i need first ? thanks pete

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Your system should gel well, after all it's was the main recomendation from WHF mag a few years back. If you don't mind play a waiting game on ebay try Linn Genki cd player for £400 or Musical Fidelity cd player (A3, A3.2 or X-ray) from £280 - £400.

Speakers....the best bargain in my book is Ruark talisman 2, sound so much better than your MS 904 and will set you back around £250 - £300 but then you will need a more powerful amp to drive them...which the like of Musical fidelity A3 (£280 - £320) would do a great job.

All of the items above I have used in the past, they are build to last well and I can happily say that they will work very well together, good luck

A

Anonymous

i think by budget we mean how much do you have to spend, otherwise we could recomend anything.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"]i think by budget we mean how much do you have to spend, otherwise we could recomend anything.[/quote]

ok fraziel you have a good point with that .i have about £500 too make a start with what would you ditch first ? then say next month would have another £500? and then so on . oh and what racks do you recomed? as mines out of a funture shop
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

also i have cheapo speaker wire before i buy some good connectors would you advise me a is bi-wire worth do? as dont wont too get the wrong conectors. thanks pete

A

Anonymous

if you like the cambridge audio sound have you thought about upgrading within their range?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts