Hifi Upgrade Time, Advice needed.

big-pete

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
morning all,

in a bit of a pickle, im in dire need of upgrading my setup:

Asus Xonar DSX - Pioneer amp/Kenwood Amp, Pioneer feeds a pair of B&W DM 601 S3(bi-wired) Kenwood Feeds my wee sub.

im trying to upgrade 99% of it, the only thing i want to really keep are the speakers, the rest is all going.

havent set a budget BUT some things i need it to do, i love the 2.1 setup, no need for any more speakers as music is the main thing it will do, but it will also do films, and id like it to get nice and deep so i scare myself at 3am when im half asleep and a helicopter comes on screen.

here is what im considering upgrading to:

Schitt WYRD i have an older Z68 based pc, with far to many expansion cards and to much electric interferince.

Schitt Modi2, i like the idea of a seperate DAC plus its cheap!.

Yamaha AS501 as the AMP, to power the speakers+give lineout to sub

Wharfdale Power Cube SPC10" as the sub component.

im also changing all the cables, QED do a USB A-B cable for the PC to WYRD To Modi2.

Cambridge Audio A300 to connect the Modi2 to the Yammy,

Cambridge Audio AUD500 to connect the Yammy to the Wharfdale.

and Speaker wire for the B&W will be some 16gauge Vibe Flat cable.

Ive done some internet searchings and this seems to be quite a good combo for the price, all in with everything shipped im looking at a total of about 720quid i dont mind going up to 800, but lower is always nicer, so any recomendations/alterations on the setup?

Cheers in Advance,

Pete

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
It depend what you are qualifying "an upgrade". The key components for tuning a hifi setup are room and speakers. Changing your electronic, converters and cables will have restrained results. Now it depend if your actual gear is really catastrophic, but I can't judge that, I don't know it.

big-pete

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
It depend what you are qualifying "an upgrade". The key components for tuning a hifi setup are room and speakers. Changing your electronic, converters and cables will have restrained results. Now it depend if your actual gear is really catastrophic, but I can't judge that, I don't know it.

the only part i like about the setup are the speakers, the rest cost me less than 20quid all in. id like it to be a nice upgrade to shiny components.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts