hifi renewal

touyon

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I am posting here for the first time.
I hesitate to change my marantz 6010 dare amp, which is starting to show some signs of weakness, makes crackling sounds.
I have for the moment, a dac magic 100, a nad cd player and an apple tv 3 for audio streaming with apple music and a pair of wharfedale diamond 220 speakers.
Is the repair of this type of amp reasonable today?
Will a PM 6006 or 6007 for example have better musicality?
I also have in mind to reduce a little the cables or the different materials to have an "easier" listening.
What will be the difference in terms of sound quality between a streamer like bluesound and my apple tv 3?
I ask a lot of questions but not easy to get information at the moment :(
Thank you
Fabrice

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi There, the amp sounds likes it just needs a little clean inside on it connections and switches. Worth taking in to for an inspection. they will tell if its an economical repair or not.

Will a PM 6006 or 6007 for example have better musicality? not necessarily its not that clear cut

What will be the difference in terms of sound quality between a streamer like bluesound and my apple tv 3?
I wouldn't necessarily say it would sound better BUT functionality wise it would be a lot easier to use only needing a phone to use it. Not too sure if android ready though.

If you're thinking of replacing the amp and buying a streamer you might want to look at the bluesound power node it will reduce your box count from 2/3 to 1

touyon

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
The repair will cost at least 100 euros.

Yes I am looking on the bluesound side.
It's true that I look at all-in-one systems very closely.
Even though my heart swings for separate items.

Or marantz NR 1200.

D

Deleted member 116933

The repair will cost at least 100 euros.

Yes I am looking on the bluesound side.
It's true that I look at all-in-one systems very closely.
Even though my heart swings for separate items.

Or marantz NR 1200.

the repair is still cheaper! its what id do. and then get the separate streamer.

matthewpiano

The Bluesound app is available for both Android and iOS, and works very smoothly with a good range of streaming platforms. It is also one of the first systems to support the new Tidal Connect feature, which works similarly to Spotify Connect in allowing you to use the Tidal app if you prefer it to the Bluesound interface.

With Bluesound you can either opt for the PowerNode 2i, which combines streamer and amp very well, but offers very limited connectivity for other sources, or you can combine the Node 2i streamer with a seperate integrated amplifier.

The other option - and the next best in terms of integrated streaming in my experience - is the Yamaha MusicCast system. You could look at the very good R-N602 network receiver, and this would cover all your needs in one nicely built and easy to use amplifier sized box.

touyon

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
It is true that I would like to reconnect my turntable later.
Impossible on the bluesound?
The hifi what a dilemma! Especially when the stores are closed :(

I will regain the yamaha more closely.

Do you know a streamer with a cd deck?

matthewpiano

It's not impossible to connect a turntable to the PowerNode as it has two analogue inputs. However, you would need an external phono pre-amp, and you would need to use a cable terminated in a stereo 3.5mm jack at the amplifier end.

If you are interested in a box that combines streaming, CD playback and amplification, the best option would be the Marantz MCR-612 (or 'Melody X). It's a very capable compact system with elegant design, though HEOS isn't quite as smooth a streaming platform as Bluesound, and you would still need a seperate phono pre-amp to connect your turntable to the analogue input. Certainly worth a look.

rainsoothe

It's not impossible to connect a turntable to the PowerNode as it has two analogue inputs. However, you would need an external phono pre-amp, and you would need to use a cable terminated in a stereo 3.5mm jack at the amplifier end.

If you are interested in a box that combines streaming, CD playback and amplification, the best option would be the Marantz MCR-612 (or 'Melody X). It's a very capable compact system with elegant design, though HEOS isn't quite as smooth a streaming platform as Bluesound, and you would still need a seperate phono pre-amp to connect your turntable to the analogue input. Certainly worth a look.
Hi. This. Unless you wanna give up cd playback, then you can replace everything with a Marantz PM7000N. Or a used Naim Unitiqute 2, which is cheaper.

touyon

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
And what do you think of the NR 1200.
It's not easy to find it for listening.
I like it a lot catr it includes a lot of functions that I am looking for: network, hdmi, dac, digital input and phono.

But isn't the hifi harmed by the addition of these video sockets for example?

jonboywalton75

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
And what do you think of the NR 1200.
It's not easy to find it for listening.
I like it a lot catr it includes a lot of functions that I am looking for: network, hdmi, dac, digital input and phono.

But isn't the hifi harmed by the addition of these video sockets for example?
I love my NR1200, You could ditch your dac magic, nad amp and apple tv (if you only use for music?)
I replaced my nad c320 bee and Marantz na6005 with the NR1200,I'm really happy with the sound coupled with my focal speakers.
Heos is fine unless you use Amazon hd music, i use tidal, but not tidal connect ready yet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts