HiFi plans for 2018

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Macspur said:
Hi all

Has anyone got plans to purchase any HiFi gear this year?

Don't think I will be, depends on work situation. Although a friend is bringing over a Lindemann music player for me to hear tomorrow!

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Sadly my main hifi may be going back in its boxes and in to storage for a couple of years. Our third child is due in April and space has become a real issue... *cray2*

insider9

Gazzip said:
Macspur said:
Hi all

Don't think I will be, depends on work situation.  Although a friend is bringing over a Lindemann music player for me to hear tomorrow!

Mac

Sadly my main hifi may be going back in its boxes and in to storage for a couple of years. Our third child is due in April and space has become a real issue... *cray2*
Many congratulations. I guess :)

insider9

My plan was starting today. Return H160 and pick up Rost from Rick. Sadly he's not well so will have to await his return.

Once that's complete I'm waiting for H190. After that I'll continue improving my digital end. I'm happy with speakers so that's going to be one constant.

It's all fine tuning really. I can't see myself going through as much gear as I did in 2017.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
brought forward to either this week or next because my current amp has developed a major issue (ie its stopped working) and as its out of warranty it will probably cost more to repair, so its easier for me to buy new (or poss look on ebay for a good secondhand one).

*music2*

D

Deleted member 2457

I was thinking about the Kef Ls50 wireless speakers in black, but can’t see any deals on them?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about 2018 more long thinking but really thinking of buy Dali epicon 6s ex-demo if I can buy them at the right price in walnut and then I would like to buy a luxman amplifier maybe luxman pre & power amplifier that would be my goal

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Macspur said:
Hi all

Don't think I will be, depends on work situation. Although a friend is bringing over a Lindemann music player for me to hear tomorrow!

Mac

Congratulations !

I don't know if it will be of any help to you but I am willing to foster your PMC's and give them a good home until such time you can use them again, all FOC *angel* .

Rest assured they will be well looked after and regularly fed with good music. *biggrin*

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Electro said:
Gazzip said:
Macspur said:
Hi all

Don't think I will be, depends on work situation.  Although a friend is bringing over a Lindemann music player for me to hear tomorrow!

Mac

Congratulations !

I don't know if it will be of any help to you but I am willing to foster your PMC's and give them a good home until such time you can use them again, all FOC *angel* .

Rest assured they will be well looked after and regularly fed with good music. *biggrin*

:)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Is all I will get for the next couple of years. Iam happy with my present setup. And any improvements from here will be scary expensive. So no new boxes on the horizon until something breaks.

But I could be tempted by the Nord mono blocks in my vulnerable moments :)

D

Deleted member 160668

I’m eyeing up some PMC floorstanders. Very interested/tempted...

Need to wait until 10/10 onwards though as made a stupid bet with Mrs amor that I wouldn’t buy any new kit for a year. Then she wrote the date on the calendar laughing!!!

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
amormusic said:

Need to wait until 10/10 onwards though as made a stupid bet with Mrs amor that I wouldn’t buy any new kit for a year. Then she wrote the date on the calendar laughing!!!

On the birght side this gives you more time to save and/or increase your budget - that's assuming you need to.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Nothing on the horizon, but never say never. I've got an itch to try a pair of EB2's (the originals, not the new Arcaydis ones) so if a pair came up at the right price (ie. at a price that meant I could sell them on without loss in case I didn't get on with them) then I might bite.

insider9

amormusic said:

Did you bet her a pair of PMC floorstanders? :)

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Need some better speakers to get the best out of my Roksans, this will probably be pricey so will be looking for ex demo - PMC, Spendor or Hi end Dali's are on my list up to now. Very happy with my half vintage half modern main set up (see sig) will be adding a Sonos connect to this in the next week or so and maybe some better cables. Oh and some cart swapping and isolation for my Thorens..... Never ending.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
amormusic said:

Buy ex demo and you win.

DM

insider9

kukulec said:
Macspur said:
Hi all

I plan to buy an Elac fs 407, if I can sell my fs 147. maybe I will buy Vertere Pulse-Xmini speaker cables too.
Just a word of caution from personal experience. Ribbons and Primare I22 (had both but not Elac speakers) not the best match.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Need some better speakers to get the best out of my Roksans, this will probably be pricey so will be looking for ex demo - PMC, Spendor or Hi end Dali's are on my list up to now. Very happy with my half vintage half modern main set up (see sig) will be adding a Sonos connect to this in the next week or so and maybe some better cables. Oh and some cart swapping and isolation for my Thorens..... Never ending.
it’s dangerous thinking this way but I am seriously thinking about Dali epicon 6s ex-demo in walnut but I am also thinking how much better will the epicon’s be then opticon 8s if just a little bit better then it’s not worth the upgrade .

And there are no dealers around me that sell the epicon’s as I was lucky with the Dali opticon 8s as I could go to richer sounds for a demo but they now sell the rubicon 6s and 8s but what they are like I do not no but the epicon’s look lovely to look at but do they sound lovely for £5999 ex-demo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts