Hiding surround sound cable.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am moving my Sony plasma and surround sound system into a conservatory that is still being built. My wife nags me about the cables that go to the rear speakers so I would like to put them under the floor before it is screeded. Can I buy face plates to put on the wall at each end before it is plastered that I could then simply plug into at each end that runs through a pipe in the floor. Also where can I buy the equipment. Pardon me but I am a newbie. Hope you can help thanks John.

A

Anonymous

yep, lots of places do them, even larger B&Q's and make sure the cable is protected before burying it

A

Anonymous

I would use some kind of piping, to keep it protected but also allow you replace it or upgrade it in the future.
try a plumbing trade shop. also if your a bit of a handy man you could try making plug sockets for your cables :)

Good luck, would love to do something like that.

A

Anonymous

I would use 20mm plastic conduit, which you can get from electrical wholesaler or diy shop. Dont use pre made bend but buy a bending spring and make your own. Pull a draw wire in use some small cable. You can put the conduit into a metal flush box with conduit adapters. And then either a QED face plate or blank plate can go onthe box afterwards. Hope this helps, i am an electrician by the way.

A

Anonymous

Hi Johnnyoxo,

For many years I have dealt with a company called Keene Electronics and their range of products is fantastic and I know they do in-wall socket plates for everything from speaker outlets and aerial cables to in-wall sockets with integrated amplifiers!!.

Their service and knowledge is exemplary and they even have a bespoke, made to measure cable manufacturing/assembly dept. They are on-line and have a superb free catalogue too

NO AFFILIATION ETC ETC.

Gerry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts