Hi! Speaker Help Required Please!

JakBurn

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking at buying:

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 740A (100W RMS into 8 Ohms/150W RMS into 4 Ohms)

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO Azur 740C upsampling CD!

And I'm struggling with speaker choice, as in Haven't a clue!

I have a budget of £600/£1000

any suggestions or outher help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Hello Jak, welcome!

You'll probably find the 740a is a good all rounder and capable of driving many types of speaker either 8, 6 or 4ohm loads and many brands to boot, so the choice is yours!!
The one area the amp excells at is the treble but the bass is not quite as assured or refined as other amps out thier, so i would consentrate is this area. Find a speaker that is good in this area and essentially some good cable that is good at low frequencies this will help and maximise what you have.
A quick note to say the interconnect will be just as important in this area, basically continue with this theme and you wont go far wrong.

A

Anonymous

Can I say that chosing Speakers I found to be the most difficult. You MUST try them at a dealers preferably with your own equipment (or very close). It makes it easier if you don't have any at the moment as you are then only comparing the ones you are selecting from.

One thing to be very aware of is that the room can have a considerable effect on the sound.

I have just upgraded my Linn Keildihs to Spendor A6's. But I had to take my speakers along to the dealers as mine and his rooms had completely different accoustics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts