Hi res downloads - Found some!

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if everyone already knows this but following a recent read of another Hi Fi mag, came across reviews of Eagles Hotel California + others.

Anyway, just assumed it was sourced from HDtracks which is now 'out of bounds' to anyone in the UK. I was wrong, however, as it came from Highresaudio.com which is a German site (English translation available). I registered and discovered it had a good selection of pop and rock although much less currently than the American site.

The real surprise though was finding a hi res download of Donald Fagan's new album 'Sunken Condos' (without the 'm'). Had to stop a pre order on Amazon for the Cd.

The downside to the site is the expense. Still borderline rip off I'm afraid,

Ped

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yep I've seen that site they have a great selection.....tbh the cost is the norm compared to other sites around £18 for a 24/96 download

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
As mentioned in another thread Muse are selling the 24/96 version of their new album for £11.99, from their website.

I wonder how it's been abused though re: loudness wars??? It guts me really! all the potential is there but so much modern music is abused

SteveR750

daytona600 said:
www.qobuz.com based in europe france

used to use hdtracks but think copyright only allows usa clients

could try a usa proxy server

not any more - you need to confirm a billing address.

From what I can see the tracks on that French site are either 320kbs mp3 or standard CD res. Couldnt find any 24/xx tracks anywhere, in which case might as well buy the cd and rip it.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I find it remarkable that the UK doesn't have it's own mass-market hi-res download site like mainland Europe and the US

The land which gave The Beatles and The Rolling Stones to the world, and to buy hi-res music you either have to 'hack' into a US website or have your knowledge of French and German tested

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts