Hi fi news Test LP

A

Anonymous

Hi gbhsi1

The back cover step by step guide should explain all. It lists what you should expect from each track. I have my Rega P3 24 and OM20 setup to this and it can play correctly on all tracks apart from the torture track (track 9 on side 1). You should use your anti skating on some tracks and tracking weight on others. After playing the last track on side 2 I weighed the tracking weight on my digi scales from Anlogue Seduction(£20) and it was within the recomended tracking weight of the cartridge.

Once you understand it you should be pleased with the results when you play vinyl.

It does take time to set depending on cartridge with my cartridge I had very few problems. The key is very slight adjustment at a time.

KR

Gtncj.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I have given it a go a few more times...track 9 is as disaster, It plays some parts of it but its distorted heavily...but I guess that is normal right?

A

Anonymous

Hi gbhsi1

Yeaps that's why it called the tourture track. Don't be to concerned just enjoy your music.

Sometimes I think we get to technical with our TT If you only have a problems with track 09 then you have no problems. Not many turntables will past track 09 cleanly but still sound excellent.

My brother has a 1210 and his old cartridge pass all except track 09 but his new cartridge which is the same as his old cartridge stanton 500 I think can not pass as many test as the old one.

KR

Gtncj

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
It's a good aid for getting the best optimum cartridge set up possible for any given TT arm and cartridge combo any one has, a good tool for changing a new cartridge but it will always be a challenge to get it just right, it cant be done, do the set up as best you can and as the other poster said, enjoy the music, i just use a good protractor and my ears and experience to set my cartridge, i know what sounds right and what doesn't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts