hi fi matching.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello. just joined to ask advice from those in the know. my cd player is a recent sony, so presumably adequate. will have to do. read reviews on entry level amps and speakers. cambridge audio azur 340 se is right up my street financially. are the tannoy mercury f1 customs recommended on same page the ideal match sonically or financially? or neither? or both? please help. too much for a.m. sunday. my audio parameters are thus:- engineer by trade. weened on to musical fun by the satanic rasp of ozzy osbourne and admirable colleagues. have now an eclectic music choice ( rock, jazz, ambient, classical, folk etc). i suspect tinnitus has been present since seeing motorhead live. i am living in a terraced house with good walls but volume will be generally low, with minimalistic furniture. audio requirements often affected by fine ales and wines. other than the samaritans can anyone help me make an informed and quality decision please? thanks.

A

Anonymous

I'm not a big fan of Cambridge Audio, whose budget models are too bright for my ears. See if you can audition NAD or Marantz with the Tannoys, which are good budget speakers.

The CD player should be fine.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm a fan of used kit. Some bargains to be had on the used market.

For example, you could pick up a NAD C340 and MA Br1s on a well known auction site right now and for less than £200 all in. A huge choice of stuff in fact.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts