Hi-Fi Is Good For You (Blokes Logic)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My footballing & rugby days are behind me now - but manage a round of golf 2-3 times a week.

Hardly a hard work out but it cant do any harm.

But whenever I change speaker cables, interconnects, HDMI leads or move equipment around I always end up with a sweat on and it gets the old ticker pumping.

So rather than join a gym at £30/£40 per month I would recommend buying new hi-fi.

I also read recently that 2 glasses of red wine every day reduces the risk of cancer - happy days.

I'm off to Oddbins and Sevenoaks this weekend.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
All kidding aside, Hi Fi IS good for you. From about.com:

Research has shown that music has a profound effect on your body and psyche. In fact, there's a growing field of health care known as Music Therapy, which uses music to heal. Those who practice music therapy are finding a benefit in using music to help cancer patients, children with ADD, and others, and even hospitals are beginning to use music and music therapy to help with pain management, to help ward off depression, to promote movement, to calm patients, to ease muscle tension, and for many other benefits that music and music therapy can bring. This is not surprising, as music affects the body and mind in many powerful ways.

More: http://stress.about.com/od/tensiontamers/a/music_therapy.htm

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, all those positive benefits are completely counter acted by:

1. Thinking to self "is that bass a little flabby? Did I just hear some unwanted harshness" LOL!

2. Wifey: "you spent how much on a piece of wire?"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts