Hi Fi in America

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
OK this may be a very silly question, but I am going to ask........

I am looking to emigrate out to the States in October and thinking that seeing as I cant take my Hi Fi with me I should take the opportunity to upgrade to new equipment in America
emotion-2.gif

Now the silly bit, does anyone know what the choice for Hi Fi is like out in America? Not only that but am I likely to get a better sound / more cost effective option by looking at the US brands.....ie more sound for the money......I assume that with the pound being so strong at the moment would I be better to look at US brands rather than imported brands........

Please dont berate me if this is a silly question
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Well you are right you can't use UK equipment in the USA without some sort of converter so probably best to upgrade when you get there.

Yes it will be cheaper and you will get more sound per pound as it were.

Think about how long you plan to stay - you will have the same problem bringing the kit back. Might be worth asking your local US dealer if there are conversion kits available for when you return to the UK. In all probability you'll love the customer service you will get in the USA.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Yeah someone recommended Krell to me over the weekend......

I think I just read somewhere they have produced a high end Ipod dock with a set of Electrostatic speakers total cost £4,500 or sometyhing (might be wrong), but apparantly sounds amazing.

A

Anonymous

Jason36:
Yeah someone recommended Krell to me over the weekend......

I think I just read somewhere they have produced a high end Ipod dock with a set of Electrostatic speakers total cost £4,500 or sometyhing (might be wrong), but apparantly sounds amazing.

The Krell KID, that is; with Martin Logan speakers...
krell-and-martinlogan-electrokid.jpg

A

Anonymous

Jason36:
OK this may be a very silly question, but I am going to ask........

I am looking to emigrate out to the States in October and thinking that seeing as I cant take my Hi Fi with me I should take the opportunity to upgrade to new equipment in America
emotion-2.gif

Now the silly bit, does anyone know what the choice for Hi Fi is like out in America? Not only that but am I likely to get a better sound / more cost effective option by looking at the US brands.....ie more sound for the money......I assume that with the pound being so strong at the moment would I be better to look at US brands rather than imported brands........

Please dont berate me if this is a silly question
emotion-5.gif

Look up that other site on the net, sounding like cheerio style....stereo pile...(can you guess which one?)the budget section of said site is a good place to start.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts