Hi Fi Help

BillyE

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I've been thinking about a new hifi for a long time now, but never got round to buying anything. Speaker positioning is awkward in my room, so they will end up being close together and close to the back wall, so I've ruled out a high end system, much as though I like the Naim/Nait combo. I am not sure whether to buy a Solo Mini with something like the new small Dalis, which can be used closed to the wall, or something smaller line the Denon DM37, given the less than ideal speaker positioning. Any thing I get will be something of a compromise between sound and practicalities of day-to-day living. Would I be wasting my money going for the Arcam? Thoughts on that or any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Don't rule out anything yet. You could get a great nearfield listening setup.

Try Usher S520 speakers with Cambridge Audio electronics. They really sing together without inducing fatigue.ÿ

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If you are considering the Arcam Solo-Mini then what about the Arcam Muso speakers? They are tiny and cost about £300 the pair. Also you can get the matching Arcam Logo subwoofer to beef up the bass.

Your Arcam Solo dealer should be able to hook up a demo and you can find out if the 3.5 ft is enough seperation and how they perform close to a wall.

Arcam also make wall brackets especially for the Muso speakers (£15 per bracket) so maybe you can wall mount them and get a little more seperation.

(Your Arcam dealer should be able to do a Solo-Mini + Muso + Logo 'bundle' deal for you.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts