Hi-fi Help,B&W 683 Theatre or Monitor Audio RS6AV With Pioneer sc-lx71£4000 Max For Whole System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am planning on spending 4000 on a system soon.I was thinking that i should get the Pioneer SC-LX71 Amplifier.I have a 23x11FT(WXD) carpetted room,the speakers will be on the 23 ft wall so it will be wider than deeper.I was thinking about the 683 theatre or the Monitor audio RS6AV.

The MA is 500 cheaper and is said to sound better,they don't look nearly as good as the B&W in my opinions.I love my bass as i listen to music and movies so which system would have better bass,would it be recomended that i buy the speakers and get a svs sub.Would there be that much of a difference.Is the MA RSW12 better than the B&W asw610XP.

At the moment i have the logitech z-5500 in a 11x12Ft room and when i was watching the dark knight on BluRay,the bass was amazing would the bass be on another level if i get the B&W or MA's.I the Pioneer SC-LX71 A good amp for those speaker.I just need some help deciding between the two sets of speakers

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Both packages are very good although you may want to compare the RS8 package against the 683 system. I have the 684 fronts on my AV system and there's definately plenty of bass, I also have the RSW12 sub which I love and I know Gerardasnails rates very highly.The 683sor 684s will have more bass than the RS6s. Your room is a similar size to mine 26.5x12ft, carpeted, and my speakers are on the long wall. You need to demo both and take Dark Knight with you.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Funny you should mention the 683 package as i listened to it just yesterday up against its little brother the 685 package in a room about your size..Both packages used the 610 sub....the 683 has a wide soundstage with plenty of bass and clear dialogue. The 685 sounded a little more closed in but by no means did it sound small..The 683 sounded bigger with more authority than the 685..WHFI said the 683 lacked involvement compared to 685 but i would have to disagree with that after listening to both packages side by side in the same room with the same electronics and movie 9kung fu panda) and same cd for two channel music..in 2 channel the 683 is way more spacious than 685
At this point in time have not listened to ma packages, only a brief listen to br2 in stereo with ca amp and cdp but thought br2 was too bright. Av amp with bw packaages was a marantz something....

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Lost Angeles:Both packages are very good although you may want to compare the RS8 package against the 683 system. I have the 684 fronts on my AV system and there's definately plenty of bass, I also have the RSW12 sub which I love and I know Gerardasnails rates very highly.The 683sor 684s will have more bass than the RS6s. Your room is a similar size to mine 26.5x12ft, carpeted, and my speakers are on the long wall. You need to demo both and take Dark Knight with you.

The RS6 speakers offer tremendous bass. As Lost Angeles says the RSW12 is astonishing. For £500 cheaper, it's a no brainer. Both packages will make you smile and the sub will make you jump!!

And yes, the RSW12 is the better sub. It's similar in size to the B&W one, maybe a little smaller but weighs nearly double!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts