Hi-Fi amplifier for Q300/Q500?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm planning to get me some decent Hi-Fi stuff (amp + speakers) after my summer student job. I know, it’s a bit early to ask but I like planning everything in advance.

Actually I have a Little Dot DAC_1 (same as DACMagic, but without the upsampling and cheaper), a Little Dot MKIII (tube headphone amplifier) and a Sennheiser HD650. I also have an AKG K271 Mk.2 and a more portable Ultrasone HFI-680.

The system I'm planning to buy will be driven with the above mentioned DAC, and I can use the tube amp as pre-amp. Unfortunately I'll have to buy everything blindly, can't find a good store to audition them... The system will be used in a small room atm, because I'm a student, but it's a system I want to keep for a long time, that's why big speakers wouldn't be useless. I like listening to a lot of different styles. And my budget is +- 1500 euro (1250£). Über max would be 2000 euro (1675£).

I’ve read a lot about speakers, and decided the KEF Q300 or Q500 are the way to go. But I really have no idea about the amplifier, just can’t choose but I like the looks of the Rotel and Marantz amps.

Is there a big difference between the Q300 and the Q500, big enough to pay the extra 450 euro they cost?

What would be a good amplifier to drive them?

If this helps: the stores I'll be buying from are son-video.com and homecinesolutions.fr

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experiences!

Mr.Audiophile

A

Anonymous

This seems indeed perfect! Would 50 watt be enough for the KEF Q500 ?

Also, do you know an English online shop that ships to the rest of Europe? This Naim amplifier is 150 euro more expensive here, those 150 euro could be used to buy some good cables.

Mr.Audiophile said:
This seems indeed perfect! Would 50 watt be enough for the KEF Q500 ?

Also, do you know an English online shop that ships to the rest of Europe? This Naim amplifier is 150 euro more expensive here, those 150 euro could be used to buy some good cables.

Hi Mr.Audiophile

Naim Nait 5i has more than sufficient quality and (unless you're after constant disco like levels) quantity of power for KEF's Q500 speakers :)

Btw, as far as i am aware in the UK a new Nait 5i amplifier can't be sold online/mail order.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

This explains why homecinesolutions.com doesn't ship it either.

Thanks for help, it helped me a lot!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts