Hi Def Audio Processors

Krissy11

May 3, 2004
Visit site
Having read the press release for the new Marantz processor and power amp I was wondering if there were any other processors about to hit the market offering all of the latest audio codecs.

I have a Cyrus based system using the AV8 with mono x all round, which are superb for music with the PreVS2 and CDXT/DacX in stereo, but the AV8 is falling behind a bit these days. I would like to keep the Cyrus based equipment and add a newer processor as I am sure it will be years before Cyrus bring out a Dolby True HD and DTS master product.

A

Anonymous

To be honest I think Cyrus wont dabble into the AV market for much longer, if home cinema continue to move at the rate of knots, and will concentrate on their two channel offerings they do so very well.

The latest AV Master 8.0 processor was limited the moment it got launched and has no 6 channel input so HD sound is out straight away.

I have heard this set up with a 6 power with a discmaster Qx with a view to buy and whilst it sounded great, I think £2300 was a lot of money to part with although it provides the music lover a chance to dabble with home cinema thats all.

You have the previous model to this the AV Master?

Don't Cyrus do a 6 channel input upgrade for this? I am sure they do.

If Cyrus ever launched a Blu ray player, it wil be hugely expensive as would a Cyrus processor with the latest codecs.

Krissy11

May 3, 2004
Visit site
You are right, there is a 6 channel input optional upgrade, but it is quite pricey and I would still need somewhere to convert the audio codec - I assume blu-ray players themselves are gerenerally inferior at this task to a dedicated processor and I would also need 6 long sets of phono leads !!

I am not sure if Cyrus will bale out of home cinema given that they have just launched their new range.

I wanted to know if there were any rumours / dates of say a NAD / Denon / Rotel processor release in the near term.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts