Heroes BBC Incompetence beyond belief

A

Anonymous

I recorded Heroes last night. Its chapter six " strange attractors". Haven't seen this one before.

A

Anonymous

I recently moved from America to Europe, and now everything on TV is things I've seen at least 10 times the last 2 years.

You might call it 'incompetence' -- I think it's an evil conspiracy.

A

Anonymous

BBC listings say that last nights heroes was chapter seven but it has the same name as chapter six. Could it be a typo?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
black dan:I recorded Heroes last night. Its chapter six " strange attractors". Haven't seen this one before.

Did you record this off BBC2 or BBC HD because in HD it was exactly the same episode this week that we had already watched last week. I reckon last week BBC HD showed the wrong episode (Strange Attractors) and therefore we have missed out on last weeks episode.
You have to remember that this is the incompetent mob that in the last series managed to show episode 2 in HD before they had shown episode1.
I live in England.

A

Anonymous

On BBC HD. I record Heroes every saturday. last week episode was all about silar and the house of mirrors.

I've had no problems or repeated.

A

Anonymous

Go on to the bbc website they have a mini site for heroes. You can see all pervous episodes. I only counted 6. but the bbc say 7.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Just checked what I recorded on BBC HD last night (listed as episode 7 in Radio Times) and it is a new episode carrying on directly from last Saturdays (listed as episode 6 in last weeks Radio Times). There was nothing in the "Previously" segment that led me to believe I've missed anything.

Have you by any chance been watching BBC3 which has indeed been premiering episodes a week in advance (it showed ep7 last Sunday)

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I've finally worked this out.
Our HDD recorder did not record Heroes last Saturday so for some reason we copied the BBC3 prog on Sunday which is why we had already seen last nights episode.
A weeks a long time to remember at my age.
Perhaps I owe the Beeb an apology but they did not apologise to me for last seasons mistake so I'll call it 1 each.

P.S. It was a bad day yesterday, I watched an hour of the Aus v WI ODI that I'd recorded before I realised it must have abandoned, which it was, I then sat down to watch the men's skiing downhill only to find that had been postponed.

A

Anonymous

May I suggest that you take to sleeping on the bedroom floor. It'll save you the pain of falling out of bed which, with your luck, you inevitably will do.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
LittleLouie:May I suggest that you take to sleeping on the bedroom floor. It'll save you the pain of falling out of bed which, with your luck, you inevitably will do.

I will probably sleep before I post in the future.
It's nice to know I pay the bills but don't know what's going on.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:

Our HDD recorder did not record Heroes last Saturday so for some reason we copied the BBC3 prog on Sunday which is why we had already seen last nights episode.
Perhaps I owe the Beeb an apology but they did not apologise to me for last seasons mistake so I'll call it 1 each.

P.S. It was a bad day yesterday, I watched an hour of the Aus v WI ODI that I'd recorded before I realised it must have abandoned, which it was, I then sat down to watch the men's skiing downhill only to find that had been postponed.

+1 here. Constanty shouting at the TV and the dog 'cos it's not clear which episode of which series you're watching, and that you've just watched an entire new series of something on BBC 4 and then 3 weeks later you're told here's a new series of whatever on BBC 2 only to find it's the one you saw before. And then you start watching (series linked) the excellent 'Lead Balloon' but it just disappears from the schedules after 3 episodes, BUT you can see 'On the Buses' every day even though we all thought it was rubbish 30 years ago. And it' s not just BBC.

On the plus side, Heroes jumps back and forth so much that you mostly won't notice anything if you miss a few episodes.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
whiskywheels:Lost Angeles:

+1 here. Constanty shouting at the TV and the dog 'cos it's not clear which episode of which series you're watching, and that you've just watched an entire new series of something on BBC 4 and then 3 weeks later you're told here's a new series of whatever on BBC 2 only to find it's the one you saw before. And then you start watching (series linked) the excellent 'Lead Balloon' but it just disappears from the schedules after 3 episodes, BUT you can see 'On the Buses' every day even though we all thought it was rubbish 30 years ago. And it' s not just BBC.

On the plus side, Heroes jumps back and forth so much that you mostly won't notice anything if you miss a few episodes.

Well we did miss an episode of Heroes and so far have not noticed.

I suppose I could complain that after watching the first two parts of the David Dimbleby Seven Ages Of Britain series at 9.00pm on Sunday evenings on BBC HD this weeks and next weeks are only being shown on BBC1 but as I am still trying to extract myself from the big hole that I dug for myself so I will not rant and rave.

TRENDING THREADS