Here's Something for the 'Costs a lot, so Must be Wonderful' Brigade...

Friesiansam

From the product details: "Sixteen contacts and a complex array inside the dissipation volume provide the escape path for the energy. Thereby controlling the rate of change of confusion, disorder and randomness during transcription and prior to acquisition of the signal by the cartridge." 600 Quid for a record weight...

Reactions: WayneKerr

WayneKerr

From the product details: "Sixteen contacts and a complex array inside the dissipation volume provide the escape path for the energy. Thereby controlling the rate of change of confusion, disorder and randomness during transcription and prior to acquisition of the signal by the cartridge." 600 Quid for a record weight...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gray

Black Ravioli sounds like a result of my cooking.

I had to look at the sound quality part of Alan Sircom's review.
Here's a quote:
'It’s the combination of improving the sound without changing the sound that is a winner'.

That must also explain how the audiophile fuses work......no change = improved sound.
(My next upgrade will be to change nothing).

podknocker

I've had black ravioli, made with squid ink. Didn't cost £600 and it was really nice. These sites and products are designed for people who don't understand science, mainly physics and mainly electronics. It's also for people who think spending more, on anything, is always going to make things better, or make them happier. I keep wondering if these items are advertised on April 1st, but then they forget to remove them, but no it's a real thing. Elitist delusion, taken to the extreme. Free snake oil with every order.

Last edited:

Friesiansam

If this £4200 fuse does it's job and fails, can you get a refund, because it's broke? Spend £4200 on a device that's designed to fail. A 42p fuse would do the same. The world's a strange place these days.
There are so many very wealthy people around these days, it's not surprising there are companies out there trying to get a slice of that money, from the gullible ones.

Reactions: Gray and WayneKerr

podknocker

It's none of my business what people buy, but I do feel sorry for some of them. 'I saw you coming' springs to mind. It's not illegal, but I think it's immoral, knowing you've took so much from someone, for a useless product. It's shameful. These sites make my angry sometimes. IF there could be regulation, then we should have it. I'm surprised there's no company out there called 'Placebo', selling overpriced nonsense! It will happen eventually.

Last edited:

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
More or less the prices i saw being asked for a 82 cassette deck made with the cheapest material i´ve noticed. A well thought engeniering project but doesn´t last 3 years with heavy use or 80´s use . The Dragon which was explained in several hi-fi magazines and compared with others as not being the best and expensier but again ,after 30 years of sleeping ,the Dragon awaken, maybe the worse deck i ever bought twice being nakamichi a source of well built cassete decks ,like the 680ZX , ZX-9 ,CR-7 or even the cassette deck 1(and a lot more) today instead of two i should had bought 20 ,but i´ve choosen to invest in Apple stock. Better but both options were the best at the time. Don´t know if Sting said it first ,"History will teach us nothing."

giocap

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
Black Ravioli sounds like a result of my cooking.

I had to look at the sound quality part of Alan Sircom's review.
Here's a quote:
'It’s the combination of improving the sound without changing the sound that is a winner'.

That must also explain how the audiophile fuses work......no change = improved sound.
(My next upgrade will be to change nothing).
All black pasta with squid including ravioli is delicious. And expensive too, for pasta at least.

Reactions: Gray

podknocker

I read the review and it's as if these people have been brainwashed by a cult. They genuinely believe all this cosmetic, fancy, overengineered elitist kit, really makes stuff sound better. Incredible. Make a device really ornate, using expensive materials, nowhere in the signal path and charge a fortune. They're not audiophiles, they are pretentious snobs.

Last edited:

SteveR750

It's our collective fault. By mentioning these products and adding a link we are giving these jerks free advertising.
Agreed, the problem starts though when we start accepting nonsense such as digital cables sound different, with only our subjective hearing as the means to confirm it - our ears are utterly useless at making objective comparisons, and that' what makes the consumer audio industry a free for all. Magazines and their trade partners (advertisers) make a lot of money out of being vague.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts