HELP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

er my rooms about 20ft by 10ft, maybe a bit bigger, so what kind of speakers do you suggest ?

T

the record spot

[quote user="amarocknrollstar"]Mission speakers?
I hate them! Steer clear - overpriced and underwhelming. Great if all you listen to is M-People![/quote]

Your opinion is yours and fair enough if you think that, but you're closing the door on one of Britain's best hi-fi manufacturers. I've owned Mission 751s and Mission &33i - standmount and floorstanders respectively. Build quality is excellent, sound quality is flawless. Their 752 and 753s didn't win countless tests or award for being rubbish either. Their designs slipped up from the early 2000s, but I have high hopes for the new 79 series. Looking forward to those tests.

By the by, both speakers I owned were excellent with all musical types - they do Motoread, Mozart or M-People, if that;s your thing. One of the very reasons why I bought them was they were so good with all music types. Buy with confidence.

A

Anonymous

Floorstanders. I would defiently look at Morduant Short 916i, try and have a look for Wharfedale EVO2 30s or TANNOY MERCURY F4.

A

Anonymous

I would suggest Harman Kardon HK970 CDP and Amp and some Focal Chorus speakers. Chord chrysalis interconnects and Chord Rumour speaker cable.

Or if you could stretch to it, the same speakers and amp with a Creek Evo CDP. Or again, same speakers with Creek EVO CDP and Amp...

I would happily live with all of that which is saying something :)

A

Anonymous

I am new so please don't laugh at me if this is completely wrong,

Where would a "Mixer" fit into this and is there a product to enable you to scratch without using records ?

And to the people that suggested some systems earlier, the music i am into (Hip-Hop, Club etc) requires good Bass, are these systems going to provide it ?

thanks

John Duncan

[quote user="tobys92"]
I am new so please don't laugh at me if this is completely wrong,

Where would a "Mixer" fit into this and is there a product to enable you to scratch without using records?[/quote]

Do you mean using CDs, or Ipods?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts