Help with speakers in new home

audiodave42

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I av recently moved property and av a naim nac 202 nap 200 a cyrus cd xtse + transport with psx r power supply this is connected to my naim dac with a chord signature digital interconnect my speakers are pmc 24 floorstanders connected to naim nap 200 with chord odyssey 2 speaker cable this is abn excellent detailed sounding set up or at least was now ive moved the speakers just dont sound right echo boomy bloated i love the speakers but. They dont like my new room which is smaller than previos room thou it has higher ceilings bout 9 foot 6 instead of normal 8 feet 6 any ideas ive thout bout getting smaller speakers such as b& w pm1 with stand but will i be losing out on quality detail sound

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
audiodave42 said:
I av recently moved property and av a naim nac 202 nap 200 a cyrus cd xtse + transport with psx r power supply this is connected to my naim dac with a chord signature digital interconnect my speakers are pmc 24 floorstanders connected to naim nap 200 with chord odyssey 2 speaker cable this is abn excellent detailed sounding set up or at least was now ive moved the speakers just dont sound right echo boomy bloated i love the speakers but. They dont like my new room which is smaller than previos room thou it has higher ceilings bout 9 foot 6 instead of normal 8 feet 6 any ideas ive thout bout getting smaller speakers such as b& w pm1 with stand but will i be losing out on quality detail sound

Maybe the speakers are just too big for the room, as you suggest. But are you able to use acoustic room treatments? If so, it might be worth experimenting a bit. It sounds as though bass traps in the corners might give you a big improvement.

Matt

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
- Are the speakers on a suspended wooden floor?

- How near the corners are they?

- How far from the back wall are they?

- Is your sitting position very close to the rear wall?

- How reflective is your room (ie. sparsely furnished, laminate floor, larger areas of bare tiles / glass)?

The above are all things that can eff up the sound, especially if they are combined.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts