Help with Project Debut setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So I recently purchased a Project Debut III Carbon which is my first record player. I'll admit to being a worry wart, but when I set the downforce, after balancing the tone arm, it seems to sink back down to the lifter. Is this normal or am I in utterly failing at setting the downforce. I have an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and the downforce is recomended to be set at 1.8g. Thanks for the time.

John Duncan

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You set the tonearm to balance/float, turn the movable dial on the counterweight to zero (without turning the counterweight itself) and then turn the whole counterweight to add 1.8 g so it now falls towards the record, right?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
See if the title of this could be changed to something like "Henley Designs Please Help with turntable set-up"

They are the UK agents/distributors for your deck and cartridge and can often help in these instances.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
If you balance/float the arm then add downforce,well it isnt going to go upwards is it. Heres a clue DOWNforce. So, assuming i have interpreted your post correctly,the answer to your question is yes.

Welcome to the forum :).

Who changed the thread title,lol.

A

Anonymous

I'd like to know who changed the title as well, I saw nothing offensive about the title. I am dumber than a box of wet hammers. I tend to be cautious when it comes to doing things for the first time.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
fancyfancyking said:
I'd like to know who changed the title as well, I saw nothing offensive about the title.

It was probably just too long to allow replies, the forum has an odd bug that only allows replies to have a title length of less than 64 characters but when starting a thread it allows a title of any length you like.

John Duncan

fancyfancyking said:
I'd like to know who changed the title as well, I saw nothing offensive about the title. I am dumber than a box of wet hammers. I tend to be cautious when it comes to doing things for the first time.

No offence, just designed to attract more attention from those who might be able to help and aren't quite as sad as those of us who read every single thread :)

TRENDING THREADS