Help with NAD please...................

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a C319 integrated amp and a C270 powr amp.

I would like to Biamp them. Would one amp provide high and the other low frequencies or would one amp power one speaker as in bridged mode?

Does anyone have a diagram for connecting them and also how the speakers should/could be connected?

A

Anonymous

The manual says i need a twin RCA to a single RCA.

Can anyone recommend a supplier as i can only find ones for £1.28 which seems a bit cheap and also i dont think they will help with sound quality!

John Duncan

Hmm, not quite what I was expecting at the back:

134527_thumb_b664e6cfce976d516634dd3a63f871fc.jpg

Let me see if I can find the manual.

John Duncan

right, sorted.

Not sure I agree with jaxwired here - I can see how you might want to do that in a home theatre system, but not in bi-amping - would be difficult to get the balance right between the HF and LF, and the two amps should be gain matched anyway. If you find the sound a bit unalanced, then try as jax says and see if using the variable input gives you a better sound.

So:

1) Make sure all the power is off
2) Make sure the power amp bridged mode is set to 'off' (crucial)
3) Make sure the 'input select' switch on the power amp is set to 'fixed'
4) Take a pair of rca cables (not 2 RCA - to 1 RCA) from the preouts of the integrated to the "fixed in" sockets of the c270.
5) attach speaker cable from 'speaker a' sockets of the integrated to the HF inputs on your speakers.
6) attach speaker cable from 'speaker a' sockets of the power amp to the LF inputs on your speakers.

turn on and off you go.

A

Anonymous

isnt this way just using the power amp to power the speakers?

A

Anonymous

I got this far as well and then thought i would consult the forum........... The manual says i need the twin RCA to single RCA to do this...........................

A

Anonymous

I like the look of these better than the cheapy looking cable. do you think they will sound any different?

Now that this bit is sorted for about a tenner...............

How should i connect my speakers? i have a pair of KEF Q35 with Silver anniversay cable. I have enough to biwire as well

A

Anonymous

Have managed to sort out the speaker cabling.

Just for info i have just started to re use my hifi now that my children are growing up i have a bit more time to listen to music.............

NADC319 integrated amp and NADC270 power amp. Arcam alpha 8SE CD Player and KEF Q35 speakers.

The interconnects from CD to C319 are Nordost Black Knight. I am not sure what the interconnects are between the C319 and C270. (they are Nordost as well i think , they are flat flexible copper?)

Speaker cable is QED silver anniversary.

I Have always felt there is a slight lack of something in the bass and clarity department. ( i have also noticed that some CDs are better recorded than others?)

Can anyone recommend different interconnects for between cd and amp and also amp to amp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts