Help with my cables !!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been running my speakers on Chord Carnival silver plus biwire. I thought it sounded a bit bright so I bought some QED original Mk 2 cable.( copper)

I rewired this morning and could not belive it ! The sound was so flat that I checked the wirind 3 times. I never for the lie of me thought there could be so much difference or has something gone wrong ?

Can anyone let me know of a cable that will take a little brightness but no take me anywhere the ' dullness' of the copper ?

I'm running a couple of Epos 12.2's through a Linn Classik.

It does not have to be biwire.

Thanks

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
First of all, no, you're not crazy. And secondly, welcome firmly into the "wire makes a difference" camp.

The best thing to do is to find a dealer that will let you try out a few options. Cable will sound unique to your system.

I am now using an audioquest cable that I think is very good indeed, but I'm still going to get some chord rumour 2 for comparison.

Also, don't underestimate the impact of your interconnect. The QED might sound better with a different interconnect. Matching your cable carefully can reap benefits.

If you can afford it, you might try chord odyssey. It's a 12 gauge wire so it should deliver the goods on detail AND dynamics.

A

Anonymous

To clarify, the 12 gauge can not be the selling point because you can purchase cheap speaker cable at 12 gauge. I am not rubbishing the claims, just saying, that can not be the reason for the difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts