Help with choosing new Bluray player - 2 channel stereo to DAC

Gwandy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm looking for bit of advice - there are a few similar posts so it looks like others have achieved what I am looking to do:

I am planning to buy a new bluray player and would like to connect a the audio signal from the bluray to my 2-channel stereo system. I have an Arcam IRDAC so can either connect optical/coaxial to the DAC or analogue direct to my stereo amp. Given most bluray players only seem to have digital out now, I am assuming the DAC is the most viable option. But can anyone help me with which bluray players will successfully deliver a 2-channel stereo signal?

Any guidance is most appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Andrew

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Gwandy said:
I am planning to buy a new bluray player and would like to connect a the audio signal from the bluray to my 2-channel stereo system. I have an Arcam IRDAC so can either connect optical/coaxial to the DAC or analogue direct to my stereo amp. Given most bluray players only seem to have digital out now, I am assuming the DAC is the most viable option. But can anyone help me with which bluray players will successfully deliver a 2-channel stereo signal?

I haven't specifically checked, but there are still several Blu-ray players that have stereo analogue outputs. Certainly nearly all of the more expensive ones will. I've just checked on the Richer Sounds website, and stereo analogue outputs are not even listed among the features. You may have to go to the manufacturers' websites or look on eBay or gumtree for a picture of the rear of any potential unit, a rear picture will show whether the player has stereo outputs or not.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I can vouch for the stereo analogue outputs from midrange Panasonic Bluray players. Their musicality is excellent - for Blurays and even CD's. With my old stereo amp, it was very difficult to tell the difference between the Panasonic Bluray and my Cambridge Azur CD player. The Cambridge had slightly (very slightly) better timing and the Panasonic was (ever so) slightly smoother, but you had to really concentrate to tell the difference playing CD's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts