help with broken hifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i got this technics midi system hd-55 the metal one with the blue lighs on and have somehow blown the left speaker and the left output of the amp ,neither works?. however the aux outputs still both work so i was thinking are there any active speakers with aux inputs i could use instead as its probably a right off but i love it because it still looks great.

thanks

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
There are a few - although unless you are looking to spend £1000, then they will be mainly aimed at computer users. It might be cheaper to look at an amp and speakers...a good way onto the separates ladder...

As an aside, have you tried swapping the speakers over (i.e. left speaker on right channel) to clarify whether it is speaker, internal amp, or both that is dead?

A

Anonymous

cheers, yeah unfortuneatly its both the amp and speaker. i was looking on spending 50-100 quid. to tell u the truth the hifi doesnt even him sound that great for the 500 quid i paid for it, but it still looks pretty cool where it is and istill want to keep it and space wise im pretty restricted

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I reckon you're best dropping it out and trying to find a decent micro system on eBay or something. You should be able to find a Denon DM31 or similar for your budget. Unfortunately, active speakers in your budget don't exist, not that I've heard of anyway.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Active speakers for that much are going to sound pretty bad.

Check out something like a Rotel amp on ebay (it can sit underneath the system) and look out a pair of wharfdale diamonds. Both together should come in (even delivered) at much less than £100...

try Rotel Amp and Speakers - both should sound great and solve your problem...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts