Help with 3D Receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there i will be buying a brand new 3D Receiver in May/June of this year. I currently have the Monitor Audio RS8 speaker set up and i will be looking to get a fairly decent Receiver to power them. I wanted to get one of the brand new 3D versions so over the next 12 months or so i can also purchase a 3D TV & 3D Blu-ray player.

I have seen some posts stating that some 3D Receivers don't offer '3D audio playback' so i am just checking out of the new models from Onkyo, Yamaha & Pioneer which ones will offer 3D pictures & Audio playback just to make sure i get everything that i require.

By the way do What Hi Fi have any tests planned for the new 3D Receivers any time soon to help me with my decision?

Regards

Andy

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nothing special about the audio on 3D content, so any receiver currently able to deliver HD audio from Blu-ray will be fine. The difference with the new receivers is that they can pass through the 3D video from a suitable player to a 3D compatible TV.

And yes, as soon as we can get samples, we'll be testing them...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Can you explain to me what 'Audio Return channel' mean?

As some of the new 3D Receivers have this and some do not?

Regards

Andy

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Audio Return Channel allows a TV to send audio from its own tuner(s) back down the HDMI cable to the receiver.

It means you don't need a separate audio connection from the TV to the receiver if you want to play off-air TV sound (for example from Freeview, or Freesat if the TV has such a tuner built-in) through the surround system.

Without this you'd need either a stereo analogue connection or a digital one (usually optical) to enjoy this functionality.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
And yes, as soon as we can get samples, we'll be testing them...

Can you give any estimates Andrew - particularly on the Onkyo 608 - do you typically receive samples for review prior to release for Onkyo's?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We review as soon as we get samples, and they go into the next available issue. No estimates at moment, we are still awaiting an ETA for samples...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:We review as soon as we get samples, and they go into the next available issue. No estimates at moment, we are still awaiting an ETA for samples...

Ok Andrew thanks, feels from your reply that it gets a bit tiresome people mithering you for review dates / timings?!

I'm new to the site / mag so was unsure if some companies were better than others at providing you with the kit to look at.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts