Help! What are the best-selling titles on Blu-ray

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi All.

Perhaps the forum isn't designed for this, but I'm struggling to discover what the best-selling titles on Blu-ray of all time are. Does anybody know of a website that supplies this information? US and UK statistics are needed (though US data is more important). Not expecting a huge response on this one, but if any forum regular or member of What Hi Fi staff can point me in the right direction, it would be enormously appreciated...

In the absence of any obvious resource, I'm drawing in the expertise of the What Hi Fi community to save the day!
emotion-21.gif

Thanks.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks slewis
emotion-21.gif

I'm really looking for seperate US and UK all-time sales charts (top-ten would good enough). Such a thing doesn't seem to exist, at least based on my own internet scouring... If anyobe knows of a resource that provides either US or UK figures, that would be great.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
On amazon's website they have a top ten & top one hundred of their best sellers, you could also try blu-ray.com (an american site).

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again.

The problem with the Amazon chart, as far as I understand, is that the chart is only current -- i.e. it's the equivalent of say the top 40 album chart, which just shows which albums are selling the most units at the moment. I'm looking for a chart that lists the best-selling Blu-ray discs of all time (or since the release of the format). If you know of an Amazon link that shows this sales data, that would be useful, though (I can't find one).
emotion-6.gif

robstar63

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/R30TLGG9P22138

maxflinn is right the dark night is No.1 of 2009.

The above link is amazon.com top selling titles of 2009.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm having some meetings with BD software (and hardware!) types next week; will see if there's any info I can glean.

What I did spot in the interminable churn of 'best of the decade' lists recently was that the best-selling DVD of the past 10 years is - wait for it - Mamma Mia. Followed by Gladiator.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again for the posts, one and all.

Clare, 'any info you can glean' would be hugely appreciated. You would think it would be relatively easy to track down this kind of information (theatrical box-office statistics are accumulated on several websites), but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case with Blu-ray sales figures. Much obliged, nevertheless.
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts