help to upgrade my dac x +

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks.

I'm looking to upgrade from my cyrus DACX+ which I use with a cyrus external power supply also.

I have been considering Chinese alternatives to get more for my money.

DAC@S Ive been looking at include

Lite DAC 68 (tube anologue stage)

Lite DAC 83

Monarchy Audio NM24

Wired for sound DAC-2 (TAS210)

AUdio gd reference 7.1

AUdio gd NFB 9.2

I'm considering new & second hand so I'd be open you DACS from any where I just want to better what I have.

I'm Running the DAC in to Beyerdynamics A1 connected to the Beyerdynamics T1 headphones.

Also Into My Amplifier an AVI S21Lab Series Intergrated Connected to a pair of Spendor A6's.

All units connected with quality cabling.

Any suggestions, reviews & experiences greatly appreciated

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I love my wyred-4-sound DAC2 which otherwise feeds Cyrus electronics. If you like Cyrus, this is a good option IMHO.

I think a DAC should be transparent, which the W4S DAC2 is. The (admittedly lower end) DAC in the PreXpd is "woolly" in comparison. When feeding the optical out of the Cyrus CD6SE into the W4S DAC2 the sound is similar but clearer than the analogue out of the CD6SE which I already love.

Just my 2 cents! :bounce:

A

Anonymous

Oh My thread has gone soooooooooo Siberian!!! OO! Frosty..................................

Any ways at the rsk of an echo in the room I am still on the hunt for My dac upgrade.

I've looked at quite a few things and some that I wished I could afford but can't :/

Thinking now the Naim DAC is at the top of my list at the mo,

followed by the new Schiit Gungnir DAC.

I've been considering the Audio GD Master DAC also Lite DAC 83.

Really fancied the Zodiac Gold with the Voltikus out board power supply but a grand short there Dam it!!!

Any ways, if you have your winter coats on pop in and leave me a coment preferably non abusive and helpful ;)

Cheers

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Well, given that here in Australia it is now warming up.... :D

Maybe the thread went quiet after seeing my Wyred-4-Sound DAC2 recommendation??? :rofl:

Good luck with your search!

SteveR750

What's your budget?

Chord QBD76 if you don't have one :) or the Qute if you do, but haven't heard that one yet.

I know someone with a 6 month old DACmagic+ that needs a new home, but probably not what you're looking for!

A

Anonymous

4 grand "cough" no I haven't got one :/ lol.

I think if I were to spend that much it would be the Audio Research DAC * for eme...

My Budget is 1500 so it's going to have to be used to better the Cyrus I'm guessing.

I'm thinking now Bryston BDA-1 or naim dac any thoughts??????????

A

Anonymous

Just a few thoughs on what sort of da i would like.

Well, i would like a Detailed sound, also one that is Engaging and has pace and attack but not some thing hard..

As well I like a Colored sound with some smoothness to give it some charector, deep low bass, with control and layering and i don't like anything dull or rounded off at the top end.

Something Fun too, bold and exciting with good scale and dynamics.

Are does such an animal exsist?

A

Anonymous

OK scrap all that and yes i'm still blinking looking for a dac grrrr.....

Ok I've narrowed it down now to 3 definates but all with different sound signitures...

So please help this siberian weather is getting bitter :)

OK choices are the Naim DAC, the Brystion BDA 1 & the Synthesis Matrix.

What do you think????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts