Help/suggestions on upgrading stereo system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a space (finished on 1 side of the basement 500/600sqft..roughly 18x36 w/8ft ceilings)

Was looking for some help/suggestions which components are more important to upgrade for a

stereo system upgrade?
(ex..Is it more important to have a better upgrade in speakers than better receiver and or

better turntable than a receiver?Should I just upgrade my phono cartridge)

I listen to allot of vinyl and cd's.In vinyl listening I am looking for that nice clear/loud

sound w/out spending $10k...want something that really enhances the vinyl sound that its

meant to sound like.
I have a $1k/$1,500 budget no more then $500 on EACH components and speakers.

I currently have:
-Sony PS-LX300 USB turntable
-Technics SA-EX140 60hz/155w Receiver
-Bose 201 iv series

After researching stuff I was looking at these to get. What do you think and or do recommend

something else?
-Pro-Ject III debut turntable
-Or keep my Sony turntable and just upgrade my cartridge to a Sumiko Pearl cartridge
-Yamaha A-S500......looking for a built in Amp for more sound in my receiver
-EPOS - ELS-8 BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS

Also what CD player is good to get under $500 that enhances the sound?

matthewpiano

Definitely ditch the Sony turntable. It is nowhere near good enough to handle the Sumiko cartridge. Look at the Pro-Ject Debut III or the Rega RP1 as good upgrades.

Amp-wise the A-S500 is excellent as is the Marantz PM6003. The Rotel RA-04SE and NAD C326BEE are also very capable amps. All are worth auditioning to see which you like the best.

For speakers look at the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 or the Monitor Audio BX2. Both excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts