Help required with Kef 1005.2 set up.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have a Onkyo 607 with KEF 1005.2 in a 7.1 configuration. I have configured the sub as per instructions, crossover and power at max, and then ran Audessey (spelling).

When watching more masculine films the sub has a tendancy to produce an awful cracking sound which sounds like the cone is hitting something??. Does anyone have the same subwoofer or knowledge of settings to apply as a starting point to experiment in order to achieve best results?

On a second note, I have spent hours micro adjusting the sub and playing the same scene/song over and over, and musically the Kube 1 just doesn't appear fast enough to keep up with music.

I do think the normal speakers are great, but can anyone suggest a replacment sub which would be more of an alrounder. Money isn't an issue (within reason!) but I'd prefer to stick around £500 max.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Had exactly the same problem, the amp can only reduce the gain so much (-15db) change the sub volume to halfway and re-calibrate. Check the speaker levels on the amp if the sub is still -15 reduce the sub volume again and re-calibrate.

A

Anonymous

Hey guys, thanks for the swift reply. I have to admit that I thought it was odd or the amp to set the sub at -15db. Some great info. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts