Help requested selecting a new HiFi/Home Cinema Sound System

chillychrisy

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and looking for some help and advice. I have posted the same request in both the "HiFi" and "Home Cinema" sections.

We have a great new Samsung Smart TV and DVD Player but (not unsurprisingly) find the sound a little weak. We are therefore looking for a STYLISH (and ideally silver colour) Home Cinema system for general TV viewing and watching DVD's.
However, we also want to use the same system as a HiFi for both playing CD's but also (mainly) for playing music from our extensive iTunes library. It would be great if the TV were able to show visuals of the iTunes library to assist browsing but this is not essential.

At this stage, we are thinking about buying Apple TV + a Samsung SoundBar with SubWoofer but are concerned that the sound will neither be good enough quality nor loud enough for playing music.

We have a budget of around £500.

Thanks in anticipation for some help and assistance :)

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
try looking at the current one box systems and speaker deals that are available ...I have the Marantz cr 603 which has now been updated to the cr610.........these systems come with speakers now as package deals , they are compact and stylish and best of all sound great........good luck in your search and welcome to the nut house ;)

Um

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Or try

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-10878-denon-ceol-rcdn8-cdfmusbairplaywifi-networked-mini-system-with-ipod-dock.aspx

Will give excellent results, maybe matched with some gloss white bookshelf speakers .......

Um

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Or try this deal from hifix

http://www.hifix.co.uk/hi-fi-package-deals/denon/ceol-n8-white-inc-zensor-1.html

chillychrisy

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for the quick replies - I didn't even know that this type of equipment existed.
I see that they do what I want but would they show an iTunes menu on the TV? Or is all the control via an iPhone??

Again, many thanks for the fantastic help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts