help,problem choosing blu ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,I hope someone can assist,I have an onkyo 609 and don't know what blu ray to partner with it,I'm currently using my ps3.I want a universal player as I have over 500 cds and listen to a lot of music also have 70 blu raysi was looking at the marantz 7006 or the denon 2012 or maybe the pioneer bdp lx55.can someone please help,I obviously listen to more music and then blu ray but want both to sound good.

A

Anonymous

I have polk audio rti8 floorstanders,rti4 bookshelves,ma rw12 sub,polk audio centre
Samsung 40 inch lcd but am looking to upgrade to panasonic th p50vt30 soon.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
jason6 said:
Hi,I hope someone can assist,I have an onkyo 609 and don't know what blu ray to partner with it,I'm currently using my ps3.I want a universal player as I have over 500 cds and listen to a lot of music also have 70 blu raysi was looking at the marantz 7006 or the denon 2012 or maybe the pioneer bdp lx55.can someone please help,I obviously listen to more music and then blu ray but want both to sound good.

When you say you want a Universal player, are you looking for one which will play the likes of DVD-A / SACDs, or are you just looking for a player that will play Blu-rays and standard CDs?

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jason6,
Can definately recommend marantz ud7006. See my post (ps3 upgrade):
http://www.whathifi.com/forum/blu-ray-players/marantz-ud7006-versus-ps3

April version of what hi-fi had group test on blu ray players. It had the the Denon DBP-2012UD as the group winner but this appears to be due to it being typically £50 cheaper than the Marantz and both being virtually the same electronics. It states that musically (cd) the ud7006 is slightly better, which based on your requirements might be the better choice??

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply,I was leaning towards the marantz 7006,its a bit pricier than the denon 2012 but seen that I have a vast cd collection it does make sense to go that route just wonder if they will sound ok with my polk audio's as it is very difficult for me to get a demo where I live therefore I will. Be buying in the dark.wish me luck.

A

Anonymous

I was looking for playback on blu ray,dvd and standard cd's

All blu ray players playback blu rays, DVDs & CDs. You don't necessarily need a universal player. Also remember that the Denon 2012 & Marantz UD7006 are same players in different chassis.

The Marantz being "slightly better" for audio only means that you won't notice any difference during casual listening, & even during a careful side by side demo, you have to concentrate really hard to notice the difference. Only you can decide if this sort of difference is worth the extra outlay.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi you can buy the denon for less than £500 now I have one which I use for casual listening and it sounds very good fantastic with dvds and blue rays good luck in your search:)

A

Anonymous

Thanx a lot guys,gonna make my choice and take the plunge.

Unpublished - duplicate post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts