help no sound 863se

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need some help with connections i have no sound on my yam 863 se with KEF 3005SE . I have done the yapo sound check and this is ok but if I want to see a movie I have no sound. I have the 863 connected to my blu ray panny dmp bd50 with qed hdmi in the hdmi connection from dvd of the 863 the plasma samsung pd5096fd I have connected to hdmi out from the 863 and I have picture on the plasma.

Which settings do I put mu blu ray on in the menu I put all bitstream and secondary audio out and on but both do not work.

Thanx in advance John

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
From the sound of it, the main one to check is that sound is being output from the Blu-Ray via the HDMI as opposed to the digital optical or any of the other outputs.

Also, (just checking, sorry if this obvious) make sure you have the 863 on the correct input i.e. if you have the Blu-Ray plugged into the DVD input, make sure the amp is set to this.

A

Anonymous

Thnx for the reply professorhat

I have checked this and it is ok. I have connected it to the tv and I have sound. There are scene buttons on the 863 and one of them is dvd movie viewing so I selected this one the picture ok but no sound out of my speakers. The hdmi is definteley on the dvd in from the 863. Hdmi is decoding picture and sound I do not need any other cables because I am confused now.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Do you have sound on the TV when the player is connected by HDMI to the Yamaha, and the Yamaha to the TV?

If so something in the TV may be telling the BD player to send sound straight to it, not to the Yamaha - make sure HDMI CEC (aka Viera link on the player) is turned off on all the components.

If that doesn't do it, then the Yamaha isn't set up to receive whichever sound format the player is outputting.

A

Anonymous

You may have covered this, so sorry if you have but it may be worth checking. Check that the blue ray is out putting to the amp and not the tv. Im sure i had this problem when i set up (i have the same amp and the bd55) and im sure on the default settings of the blue ray it goes to tv and not amp.

if i can get some time tonight i will run through my settings see what i have set them at, if not will look tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

Thanx Andrew I have found it what happned was that in the setting of the bluray the digital output in the menu was set secondary audio on out when I changed this to on I had sound on my speakers. Do I need to do the automatic set up again or does this not influence the speaker set up I can use a bit more bass on the sub this is very flat.

Thanx everyone for your help

A

Anonymous

Maybe it is good to mention that I have the kef 3005se as speakerset with qed silver anniversary xt cables and hdmi from qed. I think this is a good set up but I have to do something with the sound I am not very happy with this. Jediknight I would like to know your set up in the blu ray as well as the amp.

Thanx John

A

Anonymous

When you say the set up what you want to know mate?

With your sound set up what i did was let it do the automatic set up with the mic etc and then tweaked it from there. What part of your sound are you not happy with? one thing i will say is i was not over keen on the pure direct sound for music and have ending up setting that up on the straight setting.

A

Anonymous

I am not very happy with the sound of the subwoofer and I played batman dark knight and this was on true hd but it did not show in the display i only saw digital is this correct Did you also select int he menu from blu ray in digital output user and then all bitstream and secondary audio on. I still have to make some changes I think that the center is to loud.

A

Anonymous

Mate been busy with work but will look at my settings in full tomorrow. I can tell you from looking at your post that the amp just showing digital is wrong it should/will show up true hd/hd dts etc. Check that you have the amp doing the decoding as i think of the top of my head that is where the problem is.

As for your centre mine was the other way lol too low to begin with but thats easy to sort out just go into the manual set up and tweak centre from there, my sub was fine had no problems with that what so ever.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
There's another thread on here with the same issue. ÿSecondary audio should definitely be "off". ÿIf it's on - yes - you will get sound, but not HD sound! ÿTurn it off and then look at your other settings, which are obviously wrong somewhere.

A

Anonymous

Which settings do you refer to Sorreltiger because if I do secondary audio off I do not have any sound but there is still something wrong because I am not satisfied with the sound. I had a Sony daz dfw700 before and the sound I have now is not much better.

Please help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts