Question HELP NEEDED!!!

Serg042

Apr 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone! :)

I need some advice when choosing an amplifier, speakers and CD player.
I'd like to ask you for suggestions for specific sets that you think will work well together.

I would describe the sound that would like to achieve as: warm, but rather dynamic, full, with a pleasant, not rumbling punch, a clear midrange and not tiring treble.

The music will be played from the mentioned CD, laptop (FLAC) and turntable, I don't use any spotify, tidals or similar gadgets, Bluetooth would be a nice convenience from time to time, but it is not necessary.

As for the genre of music it will be mainly the golden era of US rap, so things from the 90s and 00s, a bit of black blues, soul, funk, from time to time a little harder rock.

The budget I plan to spend is around £ 1,000, but I'm willing to stretch it a bit if it's money well spent.

The room is a typical living room in a block of flats (approx. 15 m2), TV, table, sofa, bookcases, no curtains in the windows, floor - wood/carpet (50/50), so I would describe the acoustic conditions as average.
Anticipating a few comments yes, I am going to listen to potential choices as much as possible and not buy anything blindly, but I would like to know which way to look, what to look for and what to pay attention to.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Oxfordian
Hi everyone! :)

I need some advice when choosing an amplifier, speakers and CD player.
I'd like to ask you for suggestions for specific sets that you think will work well together.

I would describe the sound that would like to achieve as: warm, but rather dynamic, full, with a pleasant, not rumbling punch, a clear midrange and not tiring treble.

The music will be played from the mentioned CD, laptop (FLAC) and turntable, I don't use any spotify, tidals or similar gadgets, Bluetooth would be a nice convenience from time to time, but it is not necessary.

As for the genre of music it will be mainly the golden era of US rap, so things from the 90s and 00s, a bit of black blues, soul, funk, from time to time a little harder rock.

The budget I plan to spend is around £ 1,000, but I'm willing to stretch it a bit if it's money well spent.

The room is a typical living room in a block of flats (approx. 15 m2), TV, table, sofa, bookcases, no curtains in the windows, floor - wood/carpet (50/50), so I would describe the acoustic conditions as average.
Anticipating a few comments yes, I am going to listen to potential choices as much as possible and not buy anything blindly, but I would like to know which way to look, what to look for and what to pay attention to.

Thanks in advance!
Second hand seems to be the best route -- you more bang for your buck.

Arcam FMJ A39 with either Exposure or Rotel CDP. Speakers could be PMC or Monitor Audio Silvers. They match beautifully with Arcam/Exposure and/or Rotel.

This.
My Exposure
Rotel.
MAs.
PMCs

D

Deleted member 116933

1k these days doesn’t really buy you a lot brand new. Think you’d be lucky to get all three. Not impossible but options are limited Not to mention the market isn’t exactly awash with new CD players. Its actually easier to get a record player currently.

I’d probably look at rotel tribute though a cd and amp would be over budget. So maybe worth saving for.

NAD setup would be a good shout. With some nice wharfdale or kef.

I think the second hand suggestion is a good one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts