Help needed with replacing bose lifestyle 5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am new to here and need some help/advise please [:)]

I currently have a bose lifestyle 5 system. The speakers work fine but the centre is no longer working, The cd player wont work at all, the LCD is broken and the volume seems to be stuck on full when I try to use the radio so it is time to replace it. I know that bose dont have the best reputation but I was wondering if it is possible to use the speakers and accoustimass module on another cd player like the denon DM38DAB for example although I have seen that this may be unlikely or is it time to get all new. If that is be the case then I like the size of the 2 small cube speakers that I currently have so if I am to buy new speakers something on a similar size would be great and any help with which cd/radio to buy would be fab

thank you so much in advance

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
It's really all down to budget but from a personal viewpoint I would start from scratch as I've never really bought into the whole Bose thing. That said, it is just a personal choice and there are many here better informed than me. What is your budget and purpose? For example, music only or music and films. What are your room dimensions? What sort of music do you listen to? That should be a good starting point.

A

Anonymous

Thanks....I wan't to be able to listen to music only and I like all sorts, mainly rock and indie. I live in a flat, (but that won't always be the case) room 16ft by 12ft. As for budget, they told me to replace my bose I would be looking at £1500 and I would ideally like to get something for half that price and just as good if possible.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing last year. The lifestyle systems are designed to work as a whole and you can't re-use the individual bits. The cynic in me says that this is a deliberate ploy on their part to stop you changing bits out. For half the price you can get something much, much better providing you're prepared to look at the used market.

Others on here will be more able to give specific recommendations about products as I'm quite new to all this really. What would help is to know what your use will be. Is it just for music (i.e. Stereo) or are you looking to run games/TV/movies through it as well?

Seriously, for £750 you will be able to get a really nice sounding system.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
bernieg:
Hi I am new to here and need some help/advise please
emotion-1.gif

I currently have a bose lifestyle 5 system. The speakers work fine but the centre is no longer working, The cd player wont work at all, the LCD is broken and the volume seems to be stuck on full when I try to use the radio so it is time to replace it. I know that bose dont have the best reputation but I was wondering if it is possible to use the speakers and accoustimass module on another cd player like the denon DM38DAB for example although I have seen that this may be unlikely or is it time to get all new. If that is be the case then I like the size of the 2 small cube speakers that I currently have so if I am to buy new speakers something on a similar size would be great and any help with which cd/radio to buy would be fab

thank you so much in advance

Cambridge Audio Minx. £350 including active sub. A steal.

A

Anonymous

well if you want to stay with the bose brand i wont blame you cause i love it i would go with the am10 speakers with denon combi and i will gurantee a very musical and exciting sound but if you didnt want the am10s there is the am6s but i will say demo both and be suprised cause having sperates does make life easier so if one component goes change it but not the whole system . as i have said denon and bose very musical dem and enjoy. but one last thing bose supply a generous amount of cable all you have to buy is brackets and connecting cables for the dvd player so i think you could buy a denon dvd , amp and bose speaker set up for a bit below or just over your budget but if over itll be worth it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts