help needed for technologically challenged- music to amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have CD's on my PC , a recently melted CD player and amplifier downstairs.

Is there something outthere that can be plugged into the amplifier that will rip cd's and provide cd information?

I dont really need to stream music but need something like a hard drive with a reasonable information screen that can sit where the CD player used to- sort of computerised "jukebox"

Any suggestions would be useful - even of correct terminology.

Thanks

idc

How do you manage your CDs on your PC? If you were to use itunes and get an ipod, it can be connected directly to the back of your amp with either a dock or a LOD. A LOD is a line out dock, a cable that connects from the dock on the ipod to the amplifier's phono inputs. An ipod is a hard drive with a jukebox display.

I have used the ipod - LOD - amp route and I think the sound is excellent. An ipod is the equivalent of a £300 CDP in terms of sound quality, based on my present ipod to old Arcam CD62 CD player.

You would probably be looking for the ipod Classic which is about £160 ish for the 120gb version. It will hold a lot of CDs. The screen is colour and larger than any CDPs display. It can display the album cover, song and artist info and how much of the track has played. If you go down the dock route the ipod will be held upright anyway. You can by a stand off ebay to put the ipod on if you go the LOD route.

Itunes is free to download. So the total cost will be £210 or so. £160 for the ipod and £50 for a decent LOD or more for a decent dock. But you can get cheaper LODs and docks off ebay.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your kind help- I will give the Ipod way a go.

A

Anonymous

But you might want to double check your music is in an iPod friendly format. If you are already using iTunes, then it will be of course.

TRENDING THREADS