Help! Just bought a 2310 but have an issue I need some advice on.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
So after months of shopping around for a replacement amp I finally settled on the 2310 and a B&W PV1 to replace my KEF sub but I've already come across an issue which I need some advice on:

1. For some reason when the amp is in standby I dont get any sound from my TV when watching sky hd but I do get a picture. Changing the channel on sky brings the audio back. Is anyone having this issue?

2. In an attempt to fix the issue above I tried setting the HDMi control on my sony w3000
to ON. What happened next was out of the blue and im pretty sure its unrelated. For some reason a loud distorted sound same out of the speakers (like an untuned radio broadcast) even though the volume on the amp was turned all the way down. After a few seconds the amp turned off the the red standby light blinked. I intially thought something was wrong with the connections but they were fine since it was working well with my xbox up until then. This kept happening so I turned everything off, disconnected everything and reset the microprocessor and have now got it back to a working state. I'm worried this will happen again so was wondering if any of you had any thoughts on this before I call my dealer tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

A

Anonymous

Hems:1. For some reason when the amp is in standby I dont get any sound from my TV when watching sky hd but I do get a picture. Changing the channel on sky brings the audio back. Is anyone having this issue?

I received my Denon 2310 a few days ago and I am still learning how to use it to properly. I linked my Sky HD into HDMI port 1 on the amp. If you then select manual setting under audio options you can select "TV sound from amp or TV" If you select TV and then put your amp onto standby and wait a couple of seconds it will bypass the amp and send sound only through the TV. So basically this is your option for regular Sky TV with regular TV sound. Hope this helps a bit. With regard to question 2 no idea yet sorry!
emotion-7.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts