Help! - HDMI for video + optical for audio - how?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi - please help, I'm going mad and even Mr Google is no help.

I recently bought a Humax YouView box. The latest upgrade lets it output DD but only via Optical. I believe there was a similar issue with Sky boxes so I've only just upgraded my amp (in sig below) to the 2009 firmware to allow this.

But I can't work out the amp settings to get video thru HDMI and audio via Optical. I've connected an Optical cable and if I select this input I get the audio so that's working - so how to I then get the video via HDMI?

I hope that makes sense - please help!

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Someone may tell you why the display toggles but for now that's what mine does and it is fine. Check the source output isok on the amp for confirmation

ie PCM displayed

A

Anonymous

:) Perhaps this information from the YouView site may help

To connect your YouView box to a surround sound system you'll need a TOSlink cable which you connect to the S/PDIF socket on the box to the Digital Optical In port on your audio system. You can get a TOSlink cable from most electrical retailers, or online.
To enable surround sound on your YouView Box press the YouView button on the remote control, navigate to settings>Device Management>S/PDIF Audio Format and select Surround option.
Please note: Press the (i) button on your remote control to identify which programmes are available with Surround Sound. If surround sound is available the [SS] symbol will be displayed.

TRENDING THREADS