Help for Oldnewbie

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help an elderly newbie? I have Panasonic 42in plasma and I am looking to put together a Home cinema package. At the moment I favour the Onkyo 606 with either Q Acoustic 1010i speakers or the Mordaunt Short Alumni package, with the Sony RDRHXD 890 dvd recorder (with a Blu-Ray player to follow) completing the set up.

The speaker package comes with 25 m of cabling which I have found out is either Qed Micro or 79 strand, would I be better off upgrading to something like the Qed Silver Anniversary cabling? Also the package includes a 3m subwoofer cable, do I still have to connect the other cabling to the sub as well? No laughing--please folks!

Relax everyone, I am not fitting it myself, just working out the length!

At the moment my Panasonic is connected to a double disc computer which also has a double layer disc drive, I want to replace the computer with the Sony dvd recorder which has a 160 gb disc and a double layer disc player and 2 USB connections which hopefully means I can transfer recordings from the Sony to either a computer or a stand alone Hard drive. One of the suppliers selling the Sony states “ it has a USB port (type A) for digital camera,USB flash drive or card reader and a USB port (type B) for picbridge printer “

Both terms are new to me, I thought that the USB 2.0 was the only type around; can anyone shed any light on this? Incidentally I am aware that the Sony cannot record directly to the DL player.

Any suggestions, help or even mild abuse will be greatly appreciated,

Best wishes to you all

Oldnewbie.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, you don't need to connect the speaker cables to the sub too - the receiver will have a dedicated subwoofer out, to which the 3m cable will connect.

And Type A and Type B are just different sizes of USB connector, so you can transfer pictures from a digital camera to the Sony's hard disk, then feed them out to the printer.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew'

Thank you for the reply, but does that mean I cannot use a standard USB lead and transfer from the Sony to a computer or stand alone hard disc?

Best wishes William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts