Help for Digital Amplifier and Standmount Speaker

leoph

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, new to HiFi.

I want to pick up a digital amplifier including DAC and a standmount speaker. I will use laptop as digital source, and connect digital amplifier by usb.

Digital Amplifier: Nuforce DAA-100, 50W; NAD D3020, 30W;

Standmount Speaker: Q Acoustics C20 or 2020i; Dynaudio DM2/6 or X12;

Would you please give me recommendation? Thanks very much! :help:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you're in the right track!

I was going to recomend the new NAD 3020D and some Q Acoustic speakers, or MA RX1 or 2.

For Dynaudio give a look to the new Excite range, is was design with digital amps in mind! :grin:

:cheers:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
For that matter you can look at this as well, no cables just mains to loudspeakers. Stream all the way through... :rockout:

http://www.dynaudio.com/int/home_loudspeaker_systems/xeo/xeo.php

leoph

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've considered KEF X300A before. But I wants connect my TV's setup box by optical fiber for movies, KEF X300A only has USB input, so I've considered the DAC+digital amp.

leoph

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that the Dynaudio new Excite range is more expensive. The X14 will be more expensive than X12. Is the 30W power from NAD D3020 big enough for the Dynaudio X12 or X14? Thanks for your advice!

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
leoph said:
I've considered KEF X300A before. But I wants connect my TV's setup box by optical fiber for movies, KEF X300A only has USB input, so I've considered the DAC+digital amp.

Apologies, was under impression your only source was a laptop.

In which case a separate DAC/Pre plus active speakers might be a wortwhile alternative.

Dynaudio Xeo referred to above has many positive reviews and uses a connection hub.

leoph

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for Xeo. The solution is what I am looking for. I am considering the Xeo. The price is a bit higher than my budget. But if the performance is accepted, I think I will pick it up. I am still not confidence for the wireless transmission. If it is damage in future, I need to drop all and buy all. Thanks again for your advice! :)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Here it is the article translated by google translate... The new excite X14 is 999€ my Excite X12 with a discount cost me in December 850€...

"Among swine animal and huge amplifiers and speakers, there are some bright spots, which gives taste for more. Dynaudio launch of the new Excite series, which was originally launched in 2008, was a more exciting affair than I had thought. Often it is the case that upgrades are hyped so much that one is left with disappointment after the music has stopped.

Not this time.

Excite series, we tested regularly since 2008, and we have basically been excited about what we have heard. But five years is a long time, even for a speaker series, and sooner or later comes an upgrade or replacement: The new model range is brand new.

The design is new, yet a careful redesign of the original from 2008, while crossover and items are brand new. The new Excite series consists of four models. Excite X14 is the little tripod speaker in the picture above, to 999 Euro couple (about 9,000 dollars), while the speaker next to the smaller of the two floors above. Excite X34 for 2,290 Euros (about 17,000 dollars).

A center speaker is also, X24 for 690 Euro (about 6,000 million) for those who need home theater, but there is no subwoofer in the same series. Call them Dynaudio short, SUB, and here there are models in several sizes. And price ranges.

The goal of the new Excite series has been to create more letdrevne speakers that can be powered by even small amplifiers. As does not have to cost a fortune. During the demo of X34 used Dynaduio Deutschland an NAD D3020, a small 30 w integrated amplifier with digital inputs (see picture above) and it sounded very fresh and balanced.

Far more open and detailed than I remember Excite series and with good, tight and controlled bass. But at the same time had enough muscle to move air in the lowest octaves of the sleek X34 speakers.

Dynaudio has heard the criticism and taken hold of frontgrillene, attached with magnets on the front, instead of the plastic plugs on the old Excite series. Nicely it too. When you take the grill of, you see no black holes where the grill is attached.

The two floor standing has new baseboards, in flattering gray lacquered light alloy, which ensures safe and stable location.

The largest model, X35, costs 2,990 Euro (about 25-30,000 million) couple and the only trevejsmodel with private midrange element.

The speakers, which is coming out in stores over the summer, will be found in white or black lacquer or rosewood and valnødfinér for those who prefer it.

After the first impression to judge, I think that Excite series has the potential to be attractive speakers for those who want high-end audio, without paying high-end prices."

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
leoph said:
I've heard that the Dynaudio new Excite range is more expensive. The X14 will be more expensive than X12. Is the 30W power from NAD D3020 big enough for the Dynaudio X12 or X14? Thanks for your advice!

hi leoph

I haven't read nothing about the new NAD 3020D and a litle about the new excite range, i've advise you on the new Excite range as they have been design with digital amp in mind, like AV.

But you can see and put on google translate this article about the apresentation of the nex excite range, gess what was the amplifier used??? ;)

http://www.lydogbillede.dk/nyheter/high-end-lyd-til-folket/

leoph

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Hi-FiOutlas,

Thanks very much for your translation! It means a lot to me. I think I will wait for the NAD D3020 and Dynaudio X14. I am in Canton China, none of the shops here have these 2 models yet. I've asked the distributors of NAD, they will have D3020 until late Sep. I will ask for Dynaudio's distributor about the X14 here.

Thanks very much. I think I've got my decision. :cheers:

NAD UK

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Leoph,

The NAD D 3020 should be with us in the next couple of weeks and I am just awating more information on when this will be but I am really hoping to have them in the retailers for the end of this month. In regard to which speakers to partner the NAD D 3020 with, it is a very flexible amplifier but I can assure you that it really does work very well with the Q Acoustic C20 and I have used this combination in a numver of demonstrations that I have been doing over the last few weeks.

I will send a post again once I have more news on the D 3020 - it will be worth the wait!

Best Regards,

Simon

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I can't wait for the first reviews of the D3020. It looks likes an awesome product.

I'm glad it works well with the Concept 20 speakers so I quess it will work well with the Q Acoustics 2020i speakers also (which I own).

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
leoph said:
Hi Hi-FiOutlas,

Thanks very much for your translation! It means a lot to me. I think I will wait for the NAD D3020 and Dynaudio X14. I am in Canton China, none of the shops here have these 2 models yet. I've asked the distributors of NAD, they will have D3020 until late Sep. I will ask for Dynaudio's distributor about the X14 here.

Thanks very much. I think I've got my decision. :cheers:

Hi

Glad I could help!

And don't forget to demo the combo if possible before buying...! Is you that will have to live with your decision.

Keep us posted if possible!

All the best

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
There's been a lot of talk about the NAD D3020 (it helps being on the front page of this website no doubt), but on paper at least, its bigger brother the (wait for it...) the "NAD D 7050 Direct Digital Network Amplifier", looks a very tidy bit of kit indeed with a more useful 50wpc and DLNA, Internet radio, , Bluetooth & Airplay and evidently a subwoofer pre-out. With NAD's reputation for sound & build quality, all these features look pretty appealing for the £799 asking price and could make some of its British competitors start to blush at their RRP's.

As its not out yet I've obviously not listened to it, but it does seem a very versatile bit of kit for something so petite. A MacBook or iPad to a D7050 to some Neat Iotas would be a (potentially) awesome combo if the balance was right. And the extra oomph from the beefier amp widens the speaker choice too if the Neats don't match too well.

As I own a full home cinema set-up I am conscious that the system makes itself tactlessly obvious when you walk into its room. The contrasting discretion of the NAD / Neat set-up is quite appealing. I can imagine it producing one of those jaw-dropping 'so where's the sound coming from?' looks from its listeners.

Anyway, spec sheets & glossy pictures are one thing...we'll wait and see what it sounds like first.

TRENDING THREADS