Help deciding: Denon DM39 or Rotel/Q Acoustic combo?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

i am looking for a new amp/speaker combo on a budget for my living room (about 3,5m wide, 10m long, wooden floor). I have difficuly deciding between the Denon D-M39 with stock speakers set, or the Rotel RA10/Q Acoustics 2020i set.

I like dance music with decent bass (not booming), and mostly play music at soft or medium volume. Also lots of classic jazz-funk and soul music in my collection. I like a balanced sound, but prefer warmth over neutrality.

Can anyone help me out here? Do both sets give me enough "warmth" and low-end? If so, what would be the best pick (i already have a seperate SACD/DVD player) ? Or do i need to upgrade?

Any help is appreciated!

cheers, Olaf

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Olaf, what sort of budget do you have? Based on the size of the room you're quoting I'm not sure either option would "fill" the room given your stated musical tastes, and suspect you might need to consider speakers with a bit more weight.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
The speakers are a great buy IMO.................the Q Acoustics 2020i are real value for money.

To power them I would look a these two options ;

Pioneer A-30

Denon PMA-520AE

Both great amps, not expensive, more than enough power.

Just a suggestion :)

A

Anonymous

cheers guys!

Budgetwise i don't want to spend a huge amount, i try to keep it at a max of about 550 pound

So what are other people's experience with the proposed setups?

What exactly do you mean with "fill up the room"? Mostly i listen to music sitting on the couch, and i can position the speakers close to that area, i don't necessarily need to fill out the entire livingroom in every spot, so to say :)

cheers again!

Olaf

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I demo'd the Q-Acoustics before deciding on the MA BX2's. the Q-Acoustics were extremely good and I can see why people choose them, I just found the BX2's had a stronger overall sound for my tastes - more bottom end (relevant if you like your dance music), and held the music together better at higher volumes. If you shop around you'll be able to get the BXs's plus a decent amp or micro-unit within your budget, so am just suggesting you include them in your short list. In terms of amps, I haven't heard either of the units your considering so can't comment directly, but I have a rotel pre/power amp combo in the bedroom that I've had for many years and have always been happy with so would certainly suggest you give the rotel a listen before commuting your cash.

A

Anonymous

BTW, a Pioneer A30+QA 2020i combo will be about twice the price of the Denon D-M39 (with stock speakers) setup. Will it really give me much better quality/sound?

cheers, Olaf

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
olafmol said:
BTW, a Pioneer A30+QA 2020i combo will be about twice the price of the Denon D-M39 (with stock speakers) setup. Will it really give me much better quality/sound?

cheers, Olaf

Without a doubt. The pioneer A-30 + 2020i speakers is a fantastic combination.

A

Anonymous

Cypher said:
olafmol said:

cheers, Olaf

Without a doubt. The pioneer A-30 + 2020i speakers is a fantastic combination.

And is this also true for low-end volume/loudness/sound pressure?

cheers, Olaf

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts