Help Arcam Remote Control Conflict

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
I have been very happy with my Arcam Solo Movie all in one Amp/DVD/DAB/DAC but when the DVD tray stopped opening I thought the obvious thing to do was instead of paying money to get the dvd tray mechanism fixed to put my money into buying the Arcam BDP300 Blu-ray player but I've hit a BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

As the Solo Movie amp has a built in dvd player it therefore doesn't have an input called DVD/BR so I plugged in the BDP300 blu-ray player into the optical AUX input and but whenever I press a function on the BDP300 blu-ray remote control the Solo Movie amp thinks I want to use its built in DVD player so it switches the input from AUX to DVD and obviously the sound stops!!!!!!!!!

Arcam must use the same type of remote control codes for Blu-ray players as it used for DVD players, which makes sense for those who have replaced their seperate Arcam DVD player for a seperate Arcam Blu-ray player. But in my case it is a total disaster!

Anyone know a workaround that doesn't include spend more money?

Any ideas?

:wall:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I believe Arcam remotes often have the ability to change to a different code......Nb. Needs to be done on the component as well.

Check the instruction manual, or ring Arcam technical for advice.

stuartayling

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
In one of the manuals it does mention the code can be changed in the case of interference and gives poor instructions as to how to do it on the remote but it also says (as you said too) the component's code need to be changed too but gives no information on how to do this.

For reference I have 3 arcam remotes to choose from: CR100, CR104, CR402.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts