Help!!! add Stereo amp to onkyo 905 is it worth???????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have question: If i add Cambridge Audio AZUR 640A V2 Stereo Amplifier and connect it to my onkyo 905 and Cambridge Audio Azur 650C V2 Cd player will that make a big difference with cd performance? is it worth to spend 299 for it? as I'm not happy with my onkyo 905 with dali Ikon 6's music performance. Will that make a big difference? and why and ow do I connect it to onkyo?? what is that for?? Please help

A

Anonymous

The 905 will have a set of Pre-Out connections on the rear - You will need to connect the front left and front right pre-out to the inputs of the Cambridge amp using some RCA interconnect cables. This set up will then mean that the Cambridge amp will drive your front speakers whilst all the other speakers are driven by the Onkyo as present.....In theory this should make for a far more refined 2 channel performance when playing CD's etc, though I can't comment on the pairing of your Onkyo and proposed Cambridge amp as I don't have them or know them...My gut feeling, is you may have to spend a little more on the amp, to gain anoticeable improvement in sound, to make it worthwhile, but I could be wrong.....hope this helps a little.

A

Anonymous

But I think cambridge audio 640a is not as powerful as onkyo 905 so Is that ok that 2 channel are running on different amp than other channels??? and how will be the performance in movies if fronts are running on different amp??? does it mean that my fronts will have nothing to do with onkyo amp anymore??? so what would be amp which would give me the difference??? which will be good enough to match with my onkyo 905 and dali 6's??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts