Hello Hifi people!

Webern

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I thought I'd sign up so I can post some questions and benefit from your collective expertise. Who knows, perhaps I can even share some thoughts of my own.

Music has always been an important part of my life, and I see hifi as a means of helping me to enjoy it at home. These days I listen mainly to classical, but I enjoy all kinds of music. I'm a subscriber to Gramophone magazine.

My first foray into the world of hifi was many years ago when I bought a NAD 3020, using my holiday job savings. Combined with a Pioneer turntable, later augmented with a Marantz CD player, this gave me many years of pleasure until I sold it to a friend.

My next (and current) system consists of Meridian 500 components to which I haved added a pair of PMC OB1 speakers. For now this represents the closest I can reasonably expect to get to reproducing the experience of live music.

I have the nagging feeling that at some point in the future I may be transferring my large CD collection to disk drive, but any new system would need to be at least as realistic and enjoyable as my current system.

Anyway, in the meantime, hello to you all!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Webern and welcome.

You may be new to here, but you're certainly not new to hifi, so I'm sure info will run in both directions.

Anyone who owned a 3020 can't be all bad! ;)

Cno

TRENDING THREADS