Hello from Gillingham, Kent

jonxley

Mar 25, 2021
Visit site
Hello all,

I decided to bin my surround sound setup and come back to a reasonable HIFI primarily for listening to vinyl but also I have a decent collection of MP3 files.
So I sourced the following: -
Musical Fidelity A3.2 Pre and power amps
Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD and Musical Fidelity A3.24 DAC
Rega Planar turntable, Rega tonearm (no idea which) Nagaoka MP-11 Boron cartridge (no idea if that junk but sounds ok)

I am still looking for speakers and welcome any floorstander suggestions to go with this kit?

Right now i am using Canon SC-50's !!

I am also gutted to discover that my DAC does not support MP3 files - is there any way I can connect my storage drive or laptop even to the digital inputs on the DAC?

All the best, John

Attachments

• 20210321_212401_resized.jpg
    20210321_212401_resized.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 5
I can't even see your speakers on google - I suspect you might have a weak link there! MF works well with Spendor and Monitor Audio in my experience, but I suspect it's not too fussy about partnering equipment. And if you have to have your gear stacked, I'd have thought the power would be better on top of the pre- as it will generate the most heat. Gear like that deserves a proper rack of some kind.

Welcome, btw!

D

Deleted member 108165

Welcome to the mad house. The Nagaoka sits fine with me... but mp3 music files! What were you thinking :) Memory is cheap these days so get some nice full fat CD quality files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts