Hello from Exeter

peterpan1

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
:dance:

I have been a Lurker on this site for a while checking out the speaker’s amps and other such black magic bits

One day I will buy something to replace my 30 year old Technics SB-2030 speakers but with what I hear you ask

I don’t know I say

My favourite at the moment is the KEF anniversary pair at £800 with £50 knocked off with a voucher I got from the KEF website but £750 for speakers without even any stands...no Way

So what about its small cousin the R100 at £550 with the same voucher…Tempting but still no stands

Perhaps once again I will return to being a Lurker and see if my Speakers will last for the 30 years

My Amp is a Cambridge Azur 540A with a Technics SL-P770 although I mostly use my Squeezebox classic for listening to my 500Gigs of music on my NAS drive (Well I would do if I could get it to be a little bit more stable)

I did also consider going down the Sonos route which might be a possibility one day

Many Thanks for reading my waffle

Peter

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Peter the Lurker and welcome to the forum.

As for the R100s....I say go for it......you're dead a long to time.....Carpe Diem!!

peterpan1

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Listened to a very nice pair of AVI ADM9.1's at the weekend and really enjoyed the sound.

I also listened to a pair of ADM40's now they were brilliant and could be what I have been waiting for years for (along with a lottery win)

Planning on trying to listen to the new type of ADM9's which are called Red Spots which apparently have a little more Bass which I reckon might be more in my price bracket

Peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts