Hello everyone! What bookshelf speakers for Marantz PM66SE KI? Please help:)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello music lovers,

I'm Alek and I'm a music lover too! I also love hifi. It's a pitty, that it's such a expensive hobby, but much enjoyable.

I just have bought Marantz PM66SE KI paired with Marantz CD-63mkII KI. Now it's time to get some bookshelf speakers. I listen to wide range of music. From classical to metal, but I raelly appreciate acoustic, jazz, blues, alternative rock, reggae, etc. I'll try to describe the sound i'm in to. I hope it'll make any sens:D I like warm, but detailed (on neutral side, as some say) kind of sound. I don't like, when treble is harsh and dry. I loved the sound of my first, bit more serious hifi - Denon separates with B&W cdm2. Whatever I played sounded great.

My budget is max 350 pounds.

I had an opportunity to listen my Marantz with B&W 686. The sound was impressive, but a bit too dry and flat to me..

I consider getting:

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1,

Dali Zensor 1,

Usher S-520,

Monitor Audio bx2,

KEF IQ30,

or maybe some Mission?

I'm opened for suggestions:)

Unfortunately it's impossible for me to audition every pair of these speakers. That's why I need help.

Many thanks good people:)

A.

Hi SB

Welcome to the WHF Forum :)

I used to sell PM66KI, CD63KI & CDM2's. I've heard the PM66KI/CD63KI with Monitor Audio's BX2 speakers and found this pairing to have a clear, detailed, fluid, dynamic and weighty presentation.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick. That sounds promising! I'm going to audition Marantz with MA's on monday..

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
SerpentBone said:
I just have bought Marantz PM66SE KI paired with Marantz CD-63mkII KI.
What good taste you have! :D
Look for something with a decent bottom end. The Marantz combo will sort out the top end for you (won't fix dull, boring speakers, obviously)

A

Anonymous

What took you so long MajorFubar? :D Nice heraing from you. I have been reading your posts before, and I was counting on your help.

I'm Really excited about the Marantz combo! As for the speakers, maybe you could recommend me something? It's got to be a bookshelf..

Many thanks,

A.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Would love to but my knowledge of speakers is as ancient as my knowledge of HiFi, ie stops around 1996. Look for some good punchy speakers and the amp & CDP will do the rest.

A

Anonymous

I get your point:) I'll check out these BX2's on mondey. I'll let you guys know how was it.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys. I've bought the BX2's. Lovely, fat but detailed sound. Dynamics and the sound stage are great too. The cables are Atlas Hyper 2.0. I'm happy:)

Thank you very much for help! All the best.

Alek.

SerpentBone said:
Hi guys. I've bought the BX2's. Lovely, fat but detailed sound. Dynamics and the sound stage are great too. The cables are Atlas Hyper 2.0. I'm happy:)

Thank you very much for help! All the best.

Alek.

Hi Alek

Your welcome and nice one
smiley-cool.gif
BX2 speakers rock :rockout: Anyway i hope that you enjoy the performance of your system for many years to come
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts