Hello and Help

eldiablo

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello People
I'll post here as I didnt really get much of a response on the computer based media forum.

What do i need a New DAC/ Streamer / Hard Drive.

At the minute im using a NAD DAC 1 to play my music from my laptop to my Roksan K2 amplifier.

When i bought the DAC i wasnt really upto speed with downloading and all that and wanted somthing simple to use, it has served its purpose.
However i realise its not the best sound quality i can get and id like to upgrade.

All my music was stored on my laptop, which threw a hissy fit and now the hard drive is buggered, im hoping to be able to get all my films and music back off it.

I now see that in my world of small children scratching DVD's & CD's it time to ditch my Roksan K2 cd player and go for a unit that i can connect to my amplifier to play music and be able to stream the films directly onto the TV.

At the minute i use samsung smart link as thats all what i know but that has now finished so i would like to be able to put all my files on 1 unit to be able to use on 2 items HiFi and TV

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what i actually need, i dont want cheap carp but neither do i need £5000 equipment.

is it a streamer, a hard drive with display, or a new dac i dont know.

many thanks
simon

insider9

Hi, I can suggest a Yamaha WXC-50 it has a USB so you can connect an external hard drive or a USB flash drive to it. Also if you post in hifi part of forum you're likely to get more replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts