Heads up for Billy Joel fans

Oxfordian

Just a heads up for any fans of Billy Joel, his vinyl collection volume 2 comes out on 11th November.

Contains remaining studio albums, 2 previously unreleased LP’s plus books and photo’s, total of 11 pieces of vinyl, price around £230.

No information on whether it is a limited / numbered collection, volume 1 wasn’t so presume that volume 2 won’t be either.

Probably a fan only thing but that will include me.

WayneKerr

I do like Billy Joel a great deal, a very talented artist, but this would be a stretch too far for me.

I am a huge fan of Donna Summer, a very underrated artist. After she passed away I hoovered up everything being released only to find out that the original releases were the best and it was just a cash cow to be milked for all it was worth.

Oxfordian

I do like Billy Joel a great deal, a very talented artist, but this would be a stretch too far for me.

I am a huge fan of Donna Summer, a very underrated artist. After she passed away I hoovered up everything being released only to find out that the original releases were the best and it was just a cash cow to be milked for all it was worth.
Strangely I played my sole Donna Summer album Bad Girls just the other night, that took me back to my youth and some great memories.

I have the first Billy Joel box set and I have to say that the quality is very good, plus I am a big fan so will probably flex the plastic and pick it up.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Winter

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Just a heads up for any fans of Billy Joel, his vinyl collection volume 2 comes out on 11th November.

Contains remaining studio albums, 2 previously unreleased LP’s plus books and photo’s, total of 11 pieces of vinyl, price around £230.

No information on whether it is a limited / numbered collection, volume 1 wasn’t so presume that volume 2 won’t be either.

Probably a fan only thing but that will include me.
Ok trivia Billy's 52 nd street was the first album to be released on cd . So there !

Reactions: Oxfordian

Oxfordian

Think it Abba, The Visitors was released just before Billy Joel. The first CD out was actually a rendition of some Chopin, by whom I forget.
According to a number of sources including Discogs, there were 50 CD's released along with the first CD player, Sony's CDP 101, Billy Joel's 52nd Street being the first on the list as a result is often stated as being 'the first' when in reality there were 50 released at the same time.

matthewpianist

I'd be more excited by a new Billy Joel album than a repackage of previous ones, but it's comparatively rare for his material to be promoted so good to see from that perspective. It seems to be more like the case with Kate Bush, who has done the special release thing once and to a very high standard.

Neither is like Neil Young who seems to keep finding recordings in dusty corners of his ranch. Even as a big fan, I'm never going to listen to most of those recordings more than once and a lot of it is substandard in both musical and recording qualities, so I'm not being pulled in.

Oxfordian

Well the big box arrived yesterday afternoon, opened it up last night and added proper inner sleeves to each of the LP’s as all the inners were paper, but it is a very nice box set and I am looking forward to a few evenings of listening.

One piece of paper in the supplied outer box was an invoice from the supplier to the distributor, the price that the distributor paid for the item was £119.99, on the distributors website the retail price is £209.99.

My early doors pre order price was considerably less than the current retail price but I can understand why people say that vinyl is expensive, a nigh on 100% mark up explains a lot.

WayneKerr

Well the big box arrived yesterday afternoon, opened it up last night and added proper inner sleeves to each of the LP’s as all the inners were paper, but it is a very nice box set and I am looking forward to a few evenings of listening.

One piece of paper in the supplied outer box was an invoice from the supplier to the distributor, the price that the distributor paid for the item was £119.99, on the distributors website the retail price is £209.99.

My early doors pre order price was considerably less than the current retail price but I can understand why people say that vinyl is expensive, a nigh on 100% mark up explains a lot.
Flippin'eck well spotted Oxfordian (y)

Reactions: Oxfordian

TRENDING THREADS